mtbr member
    May 2005

Best non-SPV fork for a VT?

Im currently running a MX 120 but am thinking about going to something with better high-speed behavior. I know the Minutes are popular, but Im not a fan of SPV in a fork.

Any suggestions? Im thinking a TALAS, Marathon, Reba or Revelation... The Reba is tempting, though it only goes to 115mm. (I know, 5 mm aint much!).

Ive always liked the feel of Marzocchi forks but the others are 32mm, which seems like a nice upgrade.

The RVL seems to have potential, but I'm usually loathe to get something first year out.

TALAS, of course, is quite pricey and Fox seems to have some reliability issues.
    Last edited by Reposado Man; 01-13-2006 at 02:48 PM.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reposado Man
    Im currently running a MX 120 but am thinking about going to something with better high-speed behavior. I know the Minutes are popular, but Im not a fan of SPV in a fork.

Any suggestions? Im thinking a TALAS, Marathon, Reba or Revolution... The Reba is tempting, though it only goes to 115mm. (I know, 5 mm aint much!).

Ive always liked the feel of Marzocchi forks but the others are 32mm, which seems like a nice upgrade.

The RVL seems to have potential, but I'm usually loathe to get something first year out.

TALAS, of course, is quite pricey and Fox seems to have some reliability issues.
    Get a Vanilla... or the Zoke Marathon XC.

I may recommend the Magura Phaon... I have one but haven't had any trail time on it. It feels nice even if it's not plush. 90-125mm travel (like a U-Turn), adjustable pre-load, compression and rebound. Nice Customer Service. It's only 30mm stanchions, but it's quite stiff. Approved for disc brakes up to 210mm in diameter without fedding up your warranty.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Revelation, without a doubt.