mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Bent hanger on my AC2?

Saturdays ride kinda sucked. First I flipped over backewards on a long high speed manual...wearing SPD's, so no chance of escape..OUCH! That fall bent the Titec seatpost and knocked the heck out of me. About a mile later I rode this super hard rock garden and went over the bars and escaped pretty good just got muddy. Somehow I must have managed to bent my deraileur or the hanger. Its kinda hard for me to say for sure but if you look at the pics it sure looks like its the hanger. When you get up into granny gear and the two below that it puts the chain into the spokes. I ordered a hanger today and hopefully that will fix it..what do you guys think?
    Oh yeah, is the 03 AC2's seatpost 27.2?

Due to the curve on the hanger I think it looks more bent than it really is!

mtbr member
    Easy and cheap fix. Does look like its bent but pictures are decieving. I did the same thing on my NRS2, but I also fractured a wrist in the process so consider yourself lucky. Mine was so bad it would not hold any gears so I did a little trail side bend-o-rama of the hanger to get me home. LBS replaced the hanger and I was back in business. Would have done the repair myself but cast on the wrist made work bike work impossible.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    A good bike shop will have a Park derailleur hanger tool that allows the tech to straighten the hanger and true it with the wheel. You won't need a new hanger if the shop has the correct tool.