mtbr member

Bad timing, need advice please

I have a 2011 Anthem X29 With the stock Fox F29 fork. While riding yesterday it started leaking oil profusely. LBS guy says it needs to be rebuilt and says it will be a three week turn around. While that sucks, it really sucks timing wise as I have a race in two weeks. Due to the short interval I was thinking of picking up another one to be able to swap them out between rebuilds. I have a couple questions..

1: Where do I find a black one? It seems I can only find white and while that's OK if that's all I can get, it does look a little silly on my black Anthem.

2: I know that the Anthem uses the taper model but does it use the 27mm offset?

Thanks for the advice!

Charles
    I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I just hate vegetables.

mtbr member
    Just buy the seal kit and some oil and do it yourself. Its a hand-tools and online videos job, not brain surgery
    Giant Trance Advanced SL0
    Black Cat 26 " SS

mtbr member
    Orthoguy; was it still under warranty?
    If so; did you buy it from your LBS that is sending them out?

mtbr member
    Unfortunately John the warranty is expired and it is my local LBS that has offered to send it out.

mtbr member
    Have you tried Hippietech suspension? Jerry may be able to turn it around quicker?

mtbr member
    I have not looked into Hippietech, my LBS was going to send it to Push. I will look into Hippietech. Thank you for your input.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    If it is just the seals, find another shop that will do the work in house. Any decent mechanic should be able to change the seals and add fresh oil. Or as mentioned above, pick up a seal kit and give it a shot.

El Gorrrriiii
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    If it is just the seals, find another shop that will do the work in house. Any decent mechanic should be able to change the seals and add fresh oil. Or as mentioned above, pick up a seal kit and give it a shot.
    I agree as well. If the seals are the issue any LBS can take care of that work in house. The seals just need to be replaced and add some oil and you should be good to go.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys for the advice. With the time frame I am just a little reluctant to tear into it myself. Where is the best place to pick up the seal kit from? Also I could not find a decent video on youtube showing the rebuild process. Do you all have any leads on one? Thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by Orthoguy; 03-05-2012 at 08:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I used this video, Competitive Cyclist shows you how to overhaul your Fox forks and shocks when servicing my fork. Also, if you're still considering sending it somewhere, check out Suspension Experts. Pretty quick turnaround time, but you might be cutting it close with your upcoming race.

mtbr member
    Thank you Mayonays! Suspension experts did the work in less than 24 hours. Thanks again for the referral.