Thread: ATX Pro 2009

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

ATX Pro 2009

I finally got my 2009 ATX Pro frame that I ordered from eBay. It came from China and I had some reservations about ordering it and wanted to report on what I got. Overall the verdict is VERY positive. The only drawback is that it took about 3 weeks to get here, which was a gut wrenching amount of time. However, it is an absolutely flawless frame! The headset provided is a Cane Creek sealed bearing (VERY NICE).

The advertised specs are accurate, though the complete geometry is not listed - what I have found in comparison with the Gary Fisher HT of the same size that I used to ride is that this has a slightly smaller (racing?) cockpit; shorter top tube, more aggressive seat tube/steer tube angle.

For about $170 (200 w/shipping) it is a very high quality frame. The primary draw for me was the v-brake compatibility on a new 2009 frame, which is a bit difficult to (though not impossible) to find here in the states. it is also compatible with disc brakes, but I basically built this bike around the fork (Fox F100 RLT) and wheelset (Rolf Satellites) that I absolutely LOVE. Hence I needed the v-brake compatibility.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ATX Pro  2009-giant-atx-pro-008.jpg  

ATX Pro  2009-giant-atx-pro-011.jpg  

ATX Pro  2009-giant-atx-pro-005.jpg  

ATX Pro  2009-giant-atx-pro-002.jpg  

ATX Pro  2009-giant-atx-pro-001.jpg  

ATX Pro  2009-giant-atx-pro-003.jpg  

P=DAL, P=DAL, P=DAL!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Nice.

I just built one of those up myself. A little nervous about ordering from overseas (re: threads about warranty issues), but thought what the heck, it's cheap.

So far it's been great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ATX Pro  2009-img_1706-large-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I made the same conclusion, but honestly would have loved to have run into you before placing the order. I was a nervous nelly for almost a month, worrying that it would be too small or a cheap knock off....you know, the ususal stuff.
    P=DAL, P=DAL, P=DAL!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by twobournes
    ......you know, the ususal stuff.
    Hah, yep.

How did you secure the third cable in the cable stops underneath the TT? I've got a ghetto zip-tie setup holding my hydro hose in place but I'd like something more permanent....

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by civil
    Hah, yep.

How did you secure the third cable in the cable stops underneath the TT? I've got a ghetto zip-tie setup holding my hydro hose in place but I'd like something more permanent....
    I didn't have any trouble with that. I used the Alligator I-Link cables and the cable stops they provided fit fine. Maybe a difference between the mechanical cable size and hydraulic hose. I noticed that my Trek Fuel EX8 (Avid Juicy 5s) has a setup like the one you described (zip tie) holding it to the rear linkage. That's all I can figure.
    P=DAL, P=DAL, P=DAL!

No good in rock gardens..
    Those frames certainly do look to be a bargain.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hi quys! Can you please tell me what size did you order and measure the effective top tube- also rider height and inseam are also welcome? I have been thinking about ordering one, but as said before the goemetry info is not available in the listings which is weird. Also the Giant website does not releave the secrets either. Well they list the atx complete model geometry but is it same as the atx pro?

thanks /u

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Somebody pm'ed me about that.

Mine was listed as a 19" frame, the eTT was ~ 23" IIRC, but I will need to double check on that.

Yeah, not much on the giant site......I think it may be a taiwan or japanese model, so you might have better luck digging through the giant sites for those countries.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Who's the vendor you ordered those frame from? I wanted to get one myself too. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    To resurrect an oldish thread:
    I have one of these, (bought it from a guy on Craigslist that hadn't built it up) and I've built it up as my race bike. The light-ish frame weight has been great & nimble, and I've got it built to around 24 pounds with WTB Laser Disc Lite Wheels, 1x9 Sram X9, RS Reba SL Fork, BB7's, and carbon controls. I highly recommend this frame to anyone.

I'm 5'10" with a 33" inseam, and the 19" frame feels a tad small (but I like it that way--flickable), but I have longer legs than other guys my height.
    My garage is a revolving door of bikes, wheelsets, & frames
    www.mtbdeals.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I bough my "ATX Pro", not "ATX Pro 2009" from yourlovestore on Ebay.

Currently building it and will replace the headset that came with it as it(Giant branded) was crap.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Just ordered one of these frames curious how wide of tires you can fit in the frame

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    And a couple of years following the thread lives....

I see the ATX Pros (w/out wishbone stays) are still listed on eBay and I'm tempted. Canti-, V-Brake compatibility--as well as a BSA spec'ed BB--are the selling points. My main reservations: sizing and durability. I'm 5'10+ and am looking at an 18" "Medium" frame. Is there a ATX analog in the sizing department for comparison purposes?

It's been several years and what are everyone's impressions of the frame?