Nicole? Papa?

Attention Giant owners with a quick release seat clamp!

The Salsa and Hope seatpost clamps I've used in the past stay closed purely on tension, but the clamp on my Spesh Stumpy for example have a noticeable overlock/positive lock - much like a Shimano quick release skewer.

Do the quick release seat clamps on your Trances/Reigns also come with this noticeable overlock/positive lock?

Cause if they do, I'm going to buy one direct from Giant to replace the Allen key one that came on my 2008 Trance 1

mtbr member
    Cant say as I remember now, I did bin the Giant onbe and swap it for a bolted Hope one, but I run a dropper post so dont need the movement there. But i cant say it was a noticable over centre feel to it.

mtbr member
    Giant doesn’t make a decent seat clamp whether it be the one on your Trance 1 or the QR that comes on other Giant’s. The QR found on the Trance X’s is uncomfortable to use and the brass insert stretches over time which eventually causes problems.

I swapped mine for a Hope QR, the best you can get.

Vegan Athlete
    The QR seat clamp on my Trance X bruises the sh*t out of me on the inside of my knee every time I do a technical ride. It is a TERRIBLE design.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.

mtbr member
    +1...on that!

Hope QR seat clamps are the [SIZE=3]ducks nuts[/SIZE] as one happy camper on MTBR puts it.

Although, on the GReign, I also run a dropper post, such as the Rase (this is somewhat new for me, so I am still testing it) so the clamp, on my pole is the CF/Tit bolt type of show, he he he.

Quote Originally Posted by EGF168
    Giant doesnít make a decent seat clamp whether it be the one on your Trance 1 or the QR that comes on other Giantís. The QR found on the Trance Xís is uncomfortable to use and the brass insert stretches over time which eventually causes problems.

I swapped mine for a Hope QR, the best you can get.