mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Aquiring parts for Trance X build, have a couple of ??

I have decided to start getting parts to build a Trance X, and I am wondering about what length hoses to go with on the brakes. (Formula Oro K24s). They have 850 and 1,000mm for the front, and 1650 and 1500mm lengths for the back. I don't have a frame yet, probably won't have one till fall. I know I'm going to be on a medium frame, with a 130mm Revelation air fork. I have the wheels ordered already, and am going to get the brakes next.

I was also wondering about what stem length they come with stock? I am going to use that as a starting point. Thanks for any advise you can give, Jesse.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I have an X2 in an XL size, the front hose is about 900-940mm, (using a tape measure) so I would go with the longer hose lengths. (the stock fork is 120mm, and your post said you want to use a 130mm Revelations adding just a bit longer hose. The stem it came with is a 120mm w/ +6 rise. I like this as I am 6'-2" Some reviews of this bike complain the stem is a bit long..... so you may want to think about that one.
    Good luck with the build

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks Jeff. Another question, will a conventional front derailer work? Or, do I need to get a top swing. I have an new XTR front derailer, but I noticed in the picture thread, the front derailers are all top swing on the Trance X. It looks like there may be a small bend in the tube above, just wondering if it is above where a conventional derailer would clamp on. Anyone have any insight on this. Thanks, Jesse.

Members who have read this thread: 0