mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Anyone riding the XTC Advanced?

How do you like it? What type of riding/trails, etc.? Change any of the stock parts?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I'm thinking about picking one up today...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kentkreitler
    I'm thinking about picking one up today...
    Well, did you get one?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I picked up my XTC Advanced yesterday. It's definitely a very fast bike. Not only is the bike itself very fast but you really feel like riding faster on it. You want to be fast when you ride it.

The bike isn't too bad as far as jumping sidewalks are concerned, but it isn't quite as nice as a full suspension frame or even a steel 29er hardtail.

It's a wonderful bike but I think there are other bikes that are much more appropriate as all around cruisers because it does beat you up more than some bikes.

I'll go trail riding on Friday and see what happens. However XTC Advanced does seem to become unsettled with medium-large bumps,especially since you're probably hauling if you're riding it. It's not impossible situation but the bike doesn't seem to like hitting obstaces and doesn't do as well either of my full suspension bikes, that however is to be expected.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Well, I have now ridden one for a couple of months. It is very stiff and solid, very capable of handling technical stuff. Done a couple of races on it and I cannot blame the bike for the poor result.

Mine is a XTC Advanced SL with XTR, Race 7000 and other bits, it weighs 8.9 with pedals and race worthy big air chamber tyres.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I just went riding last friday and my friend was riding my Dahon Fuego, full suspension cross country bike 80 mm of travel. I couldn't believe how much faster I was, especially climbing , I completely smoked him doing the same amount of work. The bike is frighteningly fast. We're probably both in comparable shape making the accomplishment all the more remarkable.

As far as the downhill's are concerned, on smooth downhill surfaces I would have to say that the XTC Advanced was at least as fast the Dahon Fuego. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to test the two bikes against one another on a rougher downhill surface.

So far in my initial riding this bike has proven itself to be fast, it's an incredible machine.