mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Anyone riding a 14.5" Trance?

Hey. My girlfriend is (likely) getting a Trance, and she's thrown a leg over a couple of bikes to check sizing, but it's hard to tell exactly how it will work without changing stem / seatpost / bars, etc.

I'm thinking that a 14.5" will be the right size for her at 5' 2", but I was just wondering if anyone else out there is on this size Trance, how tall they are, and how they find it.

Also, what length of stem and what rise bar are you running?

Thanks.

Stuart

telemarc
    Jan 2005

14.5" Trance

My wife bought a 14.5" trance this summer and although it fit her well it did not have enough travel for her and she switched to a Bullit built up for XC. She is 5'4" but has very short legs. Anyway it is for sale on Pinkbike as a frame w/ new Talus Fork, Stem , and seatpost for 1500.00 Canadian. She only rode it a half dozen times and a couple times on the Talus. She used the stock stem and bar.90mm and low rise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by telemarc; 01-09-2006 at 06:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by telemarc
    My wife bought a 14.5" trance this summer and although it fit her well it did not have enough travel for her and she switched to a Bullit built up for XC. She is 5'4" but has very short legs. Anyway it is for sale on Pinkbike as a frame w/ new Talus Fork, Stem , and seatpost for 1500.00 Canadian. She only rode it a half dozen times and a couple times on the Talus. She used the stock stem and bar.90mm and low rise.
    Thanks for the feedback, telemarc. We've already ordered a full T2 for her, after talking to the Giant rep. She's got a Norco Six, so was looking to add to the quiver with a short-travel bike.

telemarc
    Jan 2005
    That is cool. She will be happy. It is a great bike, a little hard to set up for a light woman but works great once set up. Our trails are super technical here so a more cushy frame was better suited to her riding style.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by telemarc
    That is cool. She will be happy. It is a great bike, a little hard to set up for a light woman but works great once set up. Our trails are super technical here so a more cushy frame was better suited to her riding style.
    That frame, fork & seatpost just look absolutely stunning.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

anyone else?

...My wife is 5'0" and is very jealous of my new Trance. The measurements look a touch large for her. Anyone less than 5'2" riding a 14.5?

telemarc
    Jan 2005
    There is a womam we ride with named Dana that is 5' 0". She has a 14.5 Trance 1 and a x- small Devinci Wilson. I will ask her to post although I don't even know if she has a computer.