mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Anyone looking to build up a 2006 Giant mountain bike frame...?

If so let me know, we are getting some in a few weeks and I might be able to help out some members. Gotta give back to MTBR.

mtbr member
    How much can u do an Anthem frameset for? And can u ship to the UK? :P

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidge
    How much can u do an Anthem frameset for? And can u ship to the UK? :P
    I can find out friday what they go for and if they are available. Shipping to UK would probably cost more than the frame itself.

mtbr member
    :P Bike frames in the US are 50% of the price of Frames here in the UK - so....if it was only 30-40% of the cost of the frame to ship it - it could be worth it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    :P Bike frames in the US are 50% of the price of Frames here in the UK - so....if it was only 30-40% of the cost of the frame to ship it - it could be worth it.
    Ehh for the hell of it I checked...it would run ~$400.

mtbr member
    the shipping cost?

mtbr member
    The anthem frameset here costs about £1250 thats about 2176 US$

so it could still be worth it :P

EDIT i tell a lie its about £950 which is about 1653 US$

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    The anthem frameset here costs about £1250 thats about 2176 US$

so it could still be worth it :P
    Hey if you don't mind paying the $400 shipping charge I have no problem shipping it out.

Just got to find out what they sell for here in the states, nonetheless I am sure I could save you a few hundred.

not really a noob
    Quote Originally Posted by transam4life
    If so let me know, we are getting some in a few weeks and I might be able to help out some members. Gotta give back to MTBR.
    new dh frame looks like crap
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

mtbr member
    Hey if you don't mind paying the $400 shipping charge I have no problem shipping it out.

Just got to find out what they sell for here in the states, nonetheless I am sure I could save you a few hundred.
    Let us know how much the frame is and i'll let ya know :-P

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Trance 1 - 18"

I would love to get a good price on Trance 1 - 18" frameset... drop me a note with the pricing, when available...

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sstefanov
    I would love to get a good price on Trance 1 - 18" frameset... drop me a note with the pricing, when available...

Thanks in advance,

Stefan
    K, will do. But I just checked your profile and you are outside the US, which pretty much means alot of $$$ for shipping and probably not worth it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Also PM me if anyone in the US is looking for a complete 2006 Giant mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Ehh for the hell of it I checked...it would run ~$400.
    whoa! i've hard HT frames (both around 1.3kg/2.9lbs, no forks) shipped from the UK and US before for ~US$100 (ebay purchases). granted, FS frames are heavier, but US$400 sounds way overboard.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shiny_car
    whoa! i've hard HT frames (both around 1.3kg/2.9lbs, no forks) shipped from the UK and US before for ~US$100 (ebay purchases). granted, FS frames are heavier, but US$400 sounds way overboard.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but that is what the UPS website gave me. I jusy typed in what a normal bike box size would be. From past experience when doing shipping for my store...the Giant boxes are roughly 54x8x30. When I put all that info in I get just under $400.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Try USPS for international shipping.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    K, will do. But I just checked your profile and you are outside the US, which pretty much means alot of $$$ for shipping and probably not worth it.
    I have a friend in the US, that will be in Bulgaria for Christmas. He will bring it for me.

Thanks in advance.

Stefan

mtbr member
    so does anybody know for sure how much would shipping a frame to EU be ?? It does not have to be quick, I won;t mind 3 weeks or so...
    Passion beyond reason!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

I might be up for an Anthem, too. Nothing really wrong with my NRS Air, but...

What shock does the Anthem frame come with? And if there are options, how do they affect the price?

mtbr member
    Defintely do USPS - I shipped an NRS to Malaysia for $75. I didn't get the right price until I actually took it to the post office - not sure why.

How much for a Trance 1 frameset? Any 2005's left by chance?

Thanks

enjoy the view
    how much would it cost for a trance 1 size 20" frame with rp3 shock? email me at drjjbautista@yahoo.com

MBAA!
    Could you email (not pm) me the prices of:
    NRS frame(s)
    Anthem frame(s)

I might be getting an Anthem soon and dropping some old NRS componets on it... but if the price is too steep I may just ask for the NRS frame (gotta love the NRS).

Also, how much is shipping to Arizona... any idea? Im saving up now for the Anthem frame, but from the sounds of it I may be outta luck.

Wait... do they even have NRS's in '06? Regardless, whats the price on the lowest priced carbon fiber NRS frame if you have any in-stock or wherever your getting them from. I'll get ready to gawk... there usually more than my bike cost initially

Email: NRS-Cream-09@gmail.com (guess what, the NRS has to do with bikes... can you tell I love my bike?)
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

mtbr member
    NRS has been discontinued for '06 the Anthem is it's replacement. Giant have been having some bearing issues with their maestro bikes, so may be worht sticking with the tried and tested NRS until the Anthem has a good thrashing and they work out the little niggles with it.

The NRS is still a fantastic frame.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    NRS has been discontinued for '06 the Anthem is it's replacement. Giant have been having some bearing issues with their maestro bikes, so may be worht sticking with the tried and tested NRS until the Anthem has a good thrashing and they work out the little niggles with it.

Does the bearing issue affect the Anthems? Easily fixed or warrented?

mtbr member
    I've not heard of any Anthems going tits up, but then again there are not many about at the moment. Yes they would be easily warrantied if they go wrong prematurely (they will eventually wear of course and thus not covered by warranty).

"El Whatever"

Check out Enduro Fork Seals

They have the cure for those bearing problems.... the complete fix is around 40 bucks. Can be done at home.
    Check my Site

MBAA!
    If giant fixes the bearing issue on the '06 frames, I do not see how the Anthem would not be fixed. On the other hand, if they dont fix it I would assume it would still have the problem.

It is under warranty, and can be easily fixed (like I think Warps fix is one I read about).
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    en are es....your email is not valid, my message got sent back.

MBAA!
    Terribly sorry... did you send it through MTBR? If you did, it wont work for a few more hours. If not, try...
    NRS-Cream-09@hotmail.com
    NRS.Cream.09@gmail.com

en-are-es@cox.net is my other but I need to get it working with outlook.

enjoy the view
    hey transam, how much for a 20" trance1 frame shipped to reno?
    pls. email me at drjjbautista@yahoo.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hi Transam4life,

Any news on the frames? Can you drop me a quote on a Trance 1 Frameset - 18" with shipping to California. You can email me at: sstefanov7@gmail.com

Stefan

It "is" about the bike..
    Jan 2004

I'm interested! Check your PMs

Thanks!

enjoy the view
    so, has anybody heard froom transam yet? pricing and stuff, it seems like transam has'nt responded to any of my inquiries, smells like fish? hope not...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nrsrex
    so, has anybody heard froom transam yet? pricing and stuff, it seems like transam has'nt responded to any of my inquiries, smells like fish? hope not...
    I haven't heard back from him too.

Stefan

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nrsrex

No I'm still right here. I just got back from a mini vacation last sunday and I have finals for my university next week. Just been REALLY busy.

I have emailed and PM'ed several members on here over the last couple days about a complete bike, as far as frames go from some reason I can't find the prices on the 06 stuff yet. I need to wait for the 06 parts catalog to come in the store. Im sorry for the inconvience, I didn't want to update the thread when I had no new info to give. My boss had told me the pricing was already out when I made this thread, but he was wrong...guess I jumped the gun and should have waited to post.

The only thing fishy about me is the shrimp I had in my pasta last night.

Once again, sorry guys.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sstefanov
    I haven't heard back from him too.

Stefan
    Sorry for not getting back to you as well. Like I said I thought all the 06 frames where available already when I made the post, seems like I was way off. I have to clue as to when we are getting our parts catalog so I can see what they go for. It does say available in December, so it might be only a week or two. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.
    Last edited by transam4life; 12-09-2005 at 09:00 AM.

enjoy the view
    No I'm still right here. I just got back from a mini vacation last sunday and I have finals for my university next week. Just been REALLY busy.

I have emailed and PM'ed several members on here over the last couple days about a complete bike, as far as frames go from some reason I can't find the prices on the 06 stuff yet. I need to wait for the 06 parts catalog to come in the store. Im sorry for the inconvience, I didn't want to update the thread when I had no new info to give. My boss had told me the pricing was already out when I made this thread, but he was wrong...guess I jumped the gun and should have waited to post.

The only thing fishy about me is the shrimp I had in my pasta last night.

Once again, sorry guys.
    hey transam,

no worries man, so how much is the shrimp in a size 20 with fox 130rlc?

Members who have read this thread: 0