mtbr member

Anyone get water collecting in their frame?

After a couple of pretty wet rides I was putting my bike away and thought I heard water sloshing around in it.... sure enough, took the seat post out, flipped it over and out came about a cup of water! Any suggestions? Drill a drain hole below the bottom bracket? This can't be good for the bike....
    It's a new Anthem by the way....
    Thx

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I washed my A2 and later when I stood in on end a some water came out of the swingarm.

I will stand it on end next time and give a shot of compresed air in there next time. I wonder where it is getting in to the main frame on yours?

The ride and handling of my Anthem has been incredible so far. I am coming off a 2001 NRS.

mtbr member
    wow i just ordered an A2 im glad i read this form! did you guys hose it down, or hand scrub it with a bottle when you cleaned it? becasue if you spary with a hose i can see why water might get in. if there was water in your frame is there a chance of rust? and wat do you do after you find the water, spray some kind of frame saver in there to prevent rust? well im glad you like the handeling on the bike, this will be my first cross country bike, im super EXCITED the bike is suppose to arrive at the shop in 3 days!!!!!
    -Jesse
    RIDE OR DIE

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Boys don't worry abou this. There are drain holes in the bike, or holes to save weight. One or the other. They are on my Reign 1 as well. They are at the end of the chain stay towards the bb. If you look I bet you'll find em too. There is also a gnarly hole at the bottom of the bb of mine. Not sure if you'll have that one but water will get in as easy as it comes out so just remember to drain it after riding through water, or washing her off. These are still GREAT bikes minus some cable routing problems.....see my thread about it if you want to know about the real problem lol

Quote Originally Posted by bikejunkie101
    wow i just ordered an A2 im glad i read this form! did you guys hose it down, or hand scrub it with a bottle when you cleaned it? becasue if you spary with a hose i can see why water might get in. if there was water in your frame is there a chance of rust? and wat do you do after you find the water, spray some kind of frame saver in there to prevent rust? well im glad you like the handeling on the bike, this will be my first cross country bike, im super EXCITED the bike is suppose to arrive at the shop in 3 days!!!!!
    -Jesse