mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Any issues with your trance after a season or two?

Wonder how your trance is holding up to the beatings... I'm looking into buying a slightly used large 29er and just checking in on how reliable they are. I'm also wondering if there is anything specific to the trances I should look at when buying. Any pricing advice wouldn't hurt either for those who know the market....

Thanks in advance guys.

-Kyle

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Not a 29er. My 2011 26 trance X3 has been great. No problems with the frame. Just normal maintenance. I ride it pretty hard. Wheels of the ground lots.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Any issues with your trance after a season or two?

My 2008 X0 is still riding great after 5 years. Just normal wear and tear (drivetrain, brake pads).

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I have a 2013 X29and it has been riddent 3-4 times a week on AZ trails (rocks)

Just replaced the suspensions bearing with aftermarket (great cheap upgrade) Other than that it has been minimal adjustments, brake pads and I just did a chain.

Love it

mtbr member
    Agreed on the pivot bearing replacement for the Trance X. I had my local shop replace all the bearings (Enduro Max replacements) on my 2011 and the bike rode better than new when I got it back.

I would also suggest you look at getting the shock and fork serviced by your local shop as well - many people do not follow any kind of maintenance schedule and a quick service is way less expensive than replacement of worn out parts.

hth.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Cool deal and good advice by all. Keep it coming. I just picked up a used 2013 X0. Love it so far.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Old ROMPer View Post
    I have a 2013 X29and it has been riddent 3-4 times a week on AZ trails (rocks)

Just replaced the suspensions bearing with aftermarket (great cheap upgrade) Other than that it has been minimal adjustments, brake pads and I just did a chain.

Love it
    That is good to know. What differences in the ride did you notice? And do you have the info on the brand that you used? thanks a lot! To the OP i have a 2013 29er X2 and like mentioned above i have only had to do brake adjustments. i have the dropper post and needed to adjust the wire and clean and lube the seat post to help kep it quiet....all easy fixes and not a big deal at all. I love the bike and I am currently trying to decide whether or not to put money into this bike or save money for a new one. I love the way this thing rides so right now im leaning towards staying with this frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    2013 tx29 1 been holding up good. ridden hard quite a few miles I did break lower link that was warrantied and now replaced fork the coating was wearing off stock fox 120float and I got a deal on a 2013 150mm fox talas off a specialized enduro. 👍more travel is nice