Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    53

    any info on the STP (street, park, trail)

    i saw this in the giant catalog and would love to get one, but i have not seen any other info about this frame, it is not on there website and there are no reviews. is giant still making this bike? any info would be cool.
    by the way, nice looking giants
    thanks,
    john

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by muddy
    i saw this in the giant catalog and would love to get one, but i have not seen any other info about this frame, it is not on there website and there are no reviews. is giant still making this bike? any info would be cool.
    by the way, nice looking giants
    thanks,
    john
    Yes giant is still making the bike, it just came out earlier this month. I have a STP 2 at my shop, and it rides pretty well. I do prefer the Kona's in this style bike though, spec'd better for the price. But still love Giant bicycles, I own three of them myself, NRS, VT and XTC.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    53

    sweet

    thanks for the response, i like the geo of the giant (shorter chainstays) over the kona's. i test rode the kona but have not found the stp anywhere in town. i am just not sure about the integrated headset.
    thanks i cant wait to ride one.

  4. #4
    Get your freak on!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,698
    Quote Originally Posted by muddy
    thanks for the response, i like the geo of the giant (shorter chainstays) over the kona's. i test rode the kona but have not found the stp anywhere in town. i am just not sure about the integrated headset.
    thanks i cant wait to ride one.
    Is this in the UK? Are you talking about what used to be called the Acid, cool bike. Although I know a couple of people that cracked them, they still loved theirs tho.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    53

    not the acid

    Quote Originally Posted by bike_freak
    Is this in the UK? Are you talking about what used to be called the Acid, cool bike. Although I know a couple of people that cracked them, they still loved theirs tho.
    this is a brand new model for giant, they just came into the local shop and look very sweet if it hadnt been raining i would have test rode one of them. they range in price from $400 for the basic, to $600, to $1000 US. the bike shop buy said they were designed by jeff lenosky. they should be sweet.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    13
    I own one since yesterday..the STP2.. I'm all smitten with this bike....from day one, I love the look, love the ride, and even love the price. It weighs 32 lbs. Not too bad for a bike that is more bulletproof then many others at this pricerange...ex: Giant Yukon, Trek 4500, Fisher Tass.

    But I am new to trail/mountain riding and I don't know if I should keep it or return it for a used bike for a 3rd of the price. Maybe an ebay bike. I paid $550 ($600 OTD). But when I look at the bike, I get all sweet on it again and don't want to let it go.

    I highly recommend this bike to anyone who is interested.

Similar Threads

  1. Disciples of trail work
    By General Coonskins in forum Oregon
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 07:20 PM
  2. Disciples of Dirt-Oregon trail work
    By General Coonskins in forum Trail Building and Advocacy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 09:43 AM
  3. Don Valley, Toronto trail info. session
    By Nigel in forum Passion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 09:51 AM
  4. Has anyone used any of the online trail info services ???
    By XCBob in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 09:51 AM
  5. cheapo forx for street info needed
    By schotter in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •