Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

any ideas before buying giant xtc frameset?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  m4dj4ck 
#1 ·
i came across a giant xtc frameset, which is of course, a hardtail frame, and i find it is very light, well at least lighter than my specialized rockhopper 2002. However, i still dont understand about the geometry frame stuffs. Does it helps so much while we ride on it. I plan to get a good xc frame for competition. It would be safer if i invests more money on good frame rather than buying a normal frame and other components.

The bike shop offered me about USD $300 for this frame. Im not sure which year model it was. The frame is black in color and after checkin out the giant website, it seems like it was 2003 model. Anybody out there willing to help me in choosing a better frame or is this giant xtc will just be great for me? Im 150 lbs and 181cm. Which frame size will suits me? 17 inches seems to fit me in. Any other ideas are welcomed!! Cheers!

#2 ·
I'm 5' - 10" and just built up a 19" XTC hybrid. The frame should be good for you if you are gonna race it, if you are just doing trail riding you may find the aluminum a bit harsh. $300 sounds fare for the frame too.

It seems like I am shorter than you and I am riding a larger frame than they want to sell you.... I suggest you look into a 19".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.