mtbr member
    May 2008

Any Anthems on closeout?

I'm thinking about picking up a XC 29er and the Anthem is on my short list. I'll probably wait a couple months before pulling the trigger unless I can find a great deal on a 2011. Does anyone know of any current deals (either online or at their LBS)?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    If the lbs has em in stock - likely the best deal as they will want em off the floor.

As of a week back - Giant had x2 29ers in the warehouse - all size medium about 10 avail at that time - i was still quoted about $2k for bike and of course OTD would inc local tax etc... grt deal for a bike that was $2900... may not be a better $2k bike available!

if you fit a med - grt otherwise stock on hand in store.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bank5 View Post
    I'm thinking about picking up a XC 29er and the Anthem is on my short list. I'll probably wait a couple months before pulling the trigger unless I can find a great deal on a 2011. Does anyone know of any current deals (either online or at their LBS)?
    you wont find them online. all lbs have to sign an agreement w/ giant that prohibits shipping bikes online. they require in store purchase.

anyways this place has some closeouts on anthems...

Full-Suspension - Wheel World Bike Shops - Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Bicycle Parts and Accessories. Parts & Bike Closeouts!

stores in los angeles, ca

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I bought an 2011 X2 29 at Wheel World a while back for 2000.00. They price matched a bike shop down south. But as stated , they won't ship. The wheels and brakes were changed out immediately and were sold . Great handling bike with some nice fast rubber.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for the replies. WheelWorld is within driving distance and they have a couple 11's left but they're size M. Pretty sure I'd need a L

mtbr member
    how tall are you?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
    how tall are you?
    6 ft

mtbr member
    yea you'd be a L

im 5' 11" and went w/ M, but im inbetween and rather go smaller to be able to toss the bike around

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Does anyone know of any 2011 Anthem X1, X2 or X3's in Large for sale in the Sacramento area?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulcd View Post
    Does anyone know of any 2011 Anthem X1, X2 or X3's in Large for sale in the Sacramento area?
    go to giants website and click on dealer locater. put in your zip and check your lbs websites to see if they have any on closeout or give them a call