Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Any advice for installing the Taco on Giant Glory

When I want to install the Taco on my LG1 at the Glory, I have find that there are not enough spacing at that area. I think I must take the taco for machining but I am not sure does it work or not?

I know most of the people has been installing the SRS rather than the LG1. So I hope any one can advice me.

I am using the 83 mm saint on my Glory!

beer is too easy to drink
    Sep 2007
    I put an lg1 with a taco on my glory. just file the upper mount on the taco at an angle so it clears the welds. as little as possible till it just clears and i ran the hex side of the chain ring bolt on the taco side.
    six pack cooler coming soon!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Although the new Glory is coming...but the Glory hole is unique....

I have changed to full RS suspension system...the bike weight is ~ 42 lbs...not the lightest bike nowaday...I will ride it after I fully recovery from injury at next month
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    so is the "Taco" on an e13 LG1 the same size/dimensions as that on the MRP?

because you Sir have an MRP!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Due to I find the TACO is difficult to install on Glory...then I switch to use the MRP G2...

I find the bash board & the upper / lower guide size is same as LG1....

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    hmmm...i have an lg1 on my glory it went on np, required two of the thicker black spacers and i was set, i have a large glory0. id give the guys at e13 a call and theyll help set you up

Giant Rider
    with my gravity light crank,i can fit the taco on lg1
    I-GOP innovative good products on Facebook: GoPro Camera, Dimar-HBM carbonfiber frames, Rotor and more...

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    I am curious how the Vivid is going to work for you. I'm looking at getting a Glory 1 fr and the Vivid seems like a good choice since there's no air valve to reach for...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    the vivid sizing isnt correct. they dont make the necessary size for the glory 1/0. looked into getting one myself! the FR versions take a 9x2.75 shock, the vivid only comes in 8.75X2.75. not sure how well it would work if you just got the different shock, it might be just fine, lower the BB and slack the bike out a little, but it might play with the wheelpath/BO.

anyway, I too have an LG1 with Gravity lite cranks and it worked just fine for me

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    the vivid sizing isnt correct. they dont make the necessary size for the glory 1/0. looked into getting one myself! the FR versions take a 9x2.75 shock, the vivid only comes in 8.75X2.75. not sure how well it would work if you just got the different shock, it might be just fine, lower the BB and slack the bike out a little, but it might play with the wheelpath/BO.
    Dammit... Giant's always gotta mess up my plans. I didn't know that. I was looking at the TranceX and the shock for that bike is a weird size too. I give up!

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Well, maybe I should be mad at Rockshox for not having enough sizes... Avalanche will make DHS or Chubies that size, and Cane Creek will build a Double Barrel also. (Too bad I won't be able to reach the adjusters... )

Op, Sorry for the hijack...

Giant Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    Well, maybe I should be mad at Rockshox for not having enough sizes... Avalanche will make DHS or Chubies that size, and Cane Creek will build a Double Barrel also. (Too bad I won't be able to reach the adjusters... )

Op, Sorry for the hijack...
    Vivid is avaible in 8.75x2.75 size
    I-GOP innovative good products on Facebook: GoPro Camera, Dimar-HBM carbonfiber frames, Rotor and more...

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pity
    Vivid is avaible in 8.75x2.75 size
    Yeah... But it needs to be 9 X 2.75 for the FR... That's what William42 brought to my attention.

Hijack over- End transmition.

Giant Rider
    Yeah... But it needs to be 9 X 2.75 for the FR... That's what William42 brought to my attention.

Hijack over- End transmition.
    glory fr has 8.75x2.75 rear shock

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pity
    glory fr has 8.75x2.75 rear shock
    That makes me happy. Where did you get that chart?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I am curious how the Vivid is going to work for you. I'm looking at getting a Glory 1 fr and the Vivid seems like a good choice since there's no air valve to reach for...
    The Vivid has been pre-pressureized 200 psi...see Rock shox manuel.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by MTSC
    The Vivid has been pre-pressureized 200 psi...see Rock shox manuel.
    Nice! I hate it when you need a shock pump for a coil shock!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    It is 9", not 8.75". donno if thats off the previous incarnation of the glory FR (as opposed to the glory 0/1) but the glory 0/1 both definitely come with 9" shocks.

heres the required pics! sorry its not perfect but i have a broken wrist and I did the best I could. But yah, i have checked this out a number of times bc i wanted to replace my shock and wanted to make sure i'd measured it correctly! i can assure you its 2.75x9.0

oops! and sorry for the derailment back on topic!

Giant Rider
    That makes me happy. Where did you get that chart?
    it's on the official setting manual...
    you don't need a pump for the vivid.
    pressure are only a factory setting

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    It is 9", not 8.75". donno if thats off the previous incarnation of the glory FR (as opposed to the glory 0/1) but the glory 0/1 both definitely come with 9" shocks.
    I'm confused now... I just called my boss and he measured both the Glory 1's we have. (large and medium) He said it comes out exactly 8.75 with the bikes at rest in the workstand... So what I'm wondering is if the Marzocchi TSTr you have is the wrong size? Did you have to squeeze the shock a bit to get it to bolt up? This would effectively limit the full travel a tad huh?

I'm not disputing your expierence, (photo is obvious) I'd just like to get that large and be able to get any shock I want without having to go custom... I'm thinking it won't effect the bike too much anyway since the stroke won't change, just the geometry a bit...

Giant Rider
    I'm confused now... I just called my boss and he measured both the Glory 1's we have. (large and medium) He said it comes out exactly 8.75 with the bikes at rest in the workstand... So what I'm wondering is if the Marzocchi TSTr you have is the wrong size? Did you have to squeeze the shock a bit to get it to bolt up? This would effectively limit the full travel a tad huh?

I'm not disputing your expierence, (photo is obvious) I'd just like to get that large and be able to get any shock I want without having to go custom... I'm thinking it won't effect the bike too much anyway since the stroke won't change, just the geometry a bit...
    on glory frame '07 the shock mounted was the dhx 4.0...
    the dhx 4.0 exists only in 8.75 an 9.5 size.
    08 and 07 frame are the same...

i drink shower water
    mrp g2 worked well on mine, no machining. make sure you get old ISCG.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    hm. i know i have the standard bb height and HA (14.5", 67˚). I have a large frame, but I see no reason to switch to different i2i shocks because of that, but i guess i'll give giant a call today, i'll post back with what they tell me. Gonna be pissed if they specced my bike incorrectly and i bought a new incorrectly sized shock because of it, but i doubt they did, my bike is definitely at the normal measurements and has a 9inch i2i.

i'll let you guys know the results in a new thread i think, enough with the hijacking.

actually, reading back doesn't look like it really matters, the OP ended up getting a g2 and his problem is solved.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    hm. i know i have the standard bb height and HA (14.5", 67˚). I have a large frame, but I see no reason to switch to different i2i shocks because of that, but i guess i'll give giant a call today, i'll post back with what they tell me. Gonna be pissed if they specced my bike incorrectly and i bought a new incorrectly sized shock because of it, but i doubt they did, my bike is definitely at the normal measurements and has a 9inch i2i.

i'll let you guys know the results in a new thread i think, enough with the hijacking.

actually, reading back doesn't look like it really matters, the OP ended up getting a g2 and his problem is solved.
    called giant today, dont know what the outcome of my situation will be yet (they said my current replacement 9" shock should be ok) but that all frames are SUPPOSED to come with 8.75". a vivid should be ok! sorry about the misinformation

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    called giant today, dont know what the outcome of my situation will be yet (they said my current replacement 9" shock should be ok) but that all frames are SUPPOSED to come with 8.75". a vivid should be ok! sorry about the misinformation
    No worries mate... Strange size shock you got there though...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast