mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Any AC2 Users Having Psylo Issues?

Hi

I bought an AC2 last season, and I enjoy it except for the psylo. Anyone else have issues with this fork? It seems too soft and isn't as 'all-condition' as the rest of the bike.

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by axisofevelknievel
    Hi

I bought an AC2 last season, and I enjoy it except for the psylo. Anyone else have issues with this fork? It seems too soft and isn't as 'all-condition' as the rest of the bike.
    How much do you weigh??
    I agree... I have always seen the physlo as more of a XC fork then anything...
    Something like a Marz Z150 would make a nice upgrade....
    Also, you could try to get stiffer sprngs for the fork, that may help.

Geritol Power
    No problem with mine anymore...Z150 coiler on my 03 AC2 now.

I put the stiffer spring in my Psylo and I think it's a good fork for the money but it says XC right there on the front and that's what it is.

I'll put it on a single speed someday.

Chris

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Psylo

I haven't had any real problems yet with mine. I've raced DS, done some DH runs and a bunch of drops and the fork still works. I think its a little undersprung but it really is just a longer travel XC fork. I'm hoping to replace mine with Z150 sl, a Z1, or a Sherman.

mtbr member
    Stock Psylos seem to be undersprung.

I am a feather weight at 135lbs and for the first time, did not have to get a "soft" spring for a fork when I installed my Psylo on my AC. So anyone heavier than me, should upgrade to a heavier spring than what the stock is.

It's a heavy duty XC fork in my opinion, which is fine by me because I mainly ride XC. But for anyone else looking for a burlier do all fork, I'd say get a Zoke Z1 FR.

I've never had any problems with my fork. Been smooth and reliable since day one.

DaBomb Molotov rider
    With a stiffer spring, should the Psylo be OK for doing drops, light freeriding, dirt jumps etc? Or is it strictly an XC fork?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Its the oil

I have a 2002 AC2 and was unimpressed with the Psylo also. You need to put in heavier oil to get the feel you want. Motorcycle shops sell the oil pretty cheap. I have 10wt in mine for aggressive XC use and I like it. I'm not sure how the fork handles big hits, though. If you look at the reviews, it seems that there are plenty of people with broken crowns.

mtbr member
    I weigh about 185, I had an '02 AC Air Lite with an '02 Psylo - it was prone to leaking and was pretty noodly for hard technical trails.

I broke the Air Lite, Giant warrantied it with an '03 AC-1 (with swinger 4 way). I was still unhappy with the Psylo after two Rock Shox factory rebuilds due to leaking. I found a smoking deal on an almost new Manitou Sherman Firefly with 20mm QR.

The Firefly is nearly as light as the Psylo...but feels solid as a bridge pylon by comparison. And better yet...it's buttery smooth.
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."