mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Anthem X29 P-XC wheelset going Tubeless

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and stoked on my X29er. Just curious how you guys went tubeless with your P-XC wheelset. Did you guys go with Stans tubeless kit w/ rim strip? Ghetto? My LBS told me I could just use the Stans tape and valve to go tubeless, but Stans website does not recommend doing this without the rim strip. Did anyone go this route and were you able to seat the tire?

Thanks in advance!
    Andy

mtbr member
    Welcome! An entire thread on your specific question here: The Giant P-XC/S-XC Wheelset Thread

I actually called my LBS about this very thing today, and they said they use just yellow tape and valves to convert the P-XC wheelset (Folsom Bike).

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Here is another option if you have old tubes lying around. Cut the stem out and use gorilla tape.

ENVE sells gorilla tape with their tubeless conversation kit in case you need reassurance. This option will save some money.

Mine have been set up this way for the past 6 months using Stans Sealant in both tires.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Here is another option if you have old tubes lying around. Cut the stem out and use gorilla tape.

ENVE sells gorilla tape with their tubeless conversation kit in case you need reassurance. This option will save some money.

Mine have been set up this way for the past 6 months using Stans Sealant in both tires.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Thanks for the link and information guys!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Bontrager rhythm strip work perfectly for converting to tubless.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I have the giant anthem x 3 29er 2011 with the S-XC & small block eight tires. Converted to tubeless with Stans "Flow Strips". Difficult to set bead... I removed the green rim tape that came on the S-XC rim. Used small green ratchet strap (walmart) around tire. Removed valve core. Straight dish soap (not soap & water) around the rims. Compressor required. Once setup works great. I pulled a 1/8" dia thorn out yesterday & stans did the job. Getting it setup is a process but worth the effort.