norwoodrider4
    Aug 2007

Anthem X for racing

I just bought an Anthem X3 that ii will have to part out because Giant (TAKE NOTE) doesnt sell 09 framesets UGH!!, so now i am going to buy some race parts and hope that it works out, and I was wondering if anyone has been racing the anthem x in some early races, i live in NEw england and our races range from the impossibly technical( MT. Snow Nat. course) to the fast and flowy that could almost be done on a road bike. Anyways, i was wondering if anyone thinks that this bike will work well or not so well. Any opinions on the Anthem x, i've heard only good things about the anthem x, any gripes or praises welcome
    Go fast, or go down

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thats odd since I read the price for frame is 895#. Then I double checked and thats right 895 pounds, it was a review in a What Mountain Bike which is a UK bike mag I picked up from Barnes and Noble. Seems odd they would do it in another country and not here. Anyhow I'm going to the lbs tomorrow to try and decide between a Trance X2 and Anthem X2. I have zero interest in racing and was wanting a Trance but that Anthem was light and had a sweet build kit (i.e. full XT). I'm going to ride both and probably buy one or the other.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have been racing one this season in the UK, 3 races so far, very impressed, i had a Anthem advanced last year and it rides much better than that. its the ideal race bike for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Some one is misleading you, I got a frame set a couple months back for $1250. yes it is a great race frame, yes it dominated at mount Snow this year under Adam Craig.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Well, I have my first race coming up (it was pushed out due to snow) but I fully anticipate my X1 to be awesome. It is excellent in technical sections and screams on the fast/flowy terrain you mention. So far I have left the fork travel at 100mm and that, suprisingly, took some getting used to over my '08 Anthem 1 with 80mm of travel. I run a higher PSI in my fork to keep the front end a little stiffer but the bike is sick!

Compared to my '08, I would say the bike feels cushier (extra travel), yet more nimble, responsive and faster. I can't wait to cross my first finish line on it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    norwoodrider4 isthe one being misleading... he means that they sell framesets but they ran out for 09 and they are not going back into production until 2010 (which will probably be late summer of 09)