Thread: Anthem X frame

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Anthem X frame

I am looking for an Anthem X frame only but it's hard to locate one in Europe. From the responses I received from many shops (UK & Germany) it seems that the frame won't be available within 2009. Is this my impression? Does someone know different? Can you suggest a shop in US (internet will be better) that sells the frame?

thank you all

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    My shop here in Germany did say the same - no Anthem X frame in Europe! But you could buy a X2 or X3 and sell all those parts you do not need. So you should end up with an investment below € 1000.-. If there was a frameset, it probably would be more expensive.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Tredz in Wales.
    http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Giant-Anthem...rame_20099.htm
    The frame is available in the UK, but with some brands they are not allowed to export them. Specialized being a prime example. Get in touch with Tredz, see what they say and if not, perhaps try and get a friend in the UK or similar to buy one, then post it out to you.
    Good luck!! Is an awesome bike!!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=g...l=en&scoring=p
    Hope that link should work, if not, go to google.co.uk, search for Giant Anthem X Frame and click on the shopping results. Prices seem to start from £760GBP, approx 15-20 results

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I've checked with UK shops before. Although they advertise the frame no one is able to deliver prior to the next September or later!!!. I' ll check with trendz as well but I guess I will get the same answer. I was hoping to find a US dealer.
    thank you all for your replies anyway.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    No there's a shortage of Anthem X's worldwide according to out distributor.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Ah right, I didn't realise that there was such a shortage!! If I were you, I would try as many shops in as many countries as possible then, see if one of the distributors still have some left. That is a bit silly how they are out of stock after about 3-4 months

mtbr member
    When the Trance X came out it was out of stock in many countries after just over a month so I see nothing surprising here. It’s very hard to predict how popular a bike will be just like supermarkets seem to always overstock or understock on Christmas puddings, haven't seen them get it right yet.

Obviously the Anthem X has proved to be more popular than Giant expected, nothing but rave reviews won’t improve their availability and I’m sure Giant has other production commitments in the mean time. In addition to that Giant specs their bikes differently for different countries so they can’t just whiz over a bunch of American ones like other brands can, especially as the UK is probably the only place that gets the Anthem X frame which means they won’t have produced many.

What bike shop would stock a Giant frame anyway? The whole bikes are better value and pretty much every bike shop with any sense keeps brands like Giant and Trek for bikes and gets in brands like Turner and Moots for frames, that’s the way it works best.

Anyway, if Giant doesn’t have the bikes in stock in Holland or the UK it’s usually around 6weeks or more before any more arrive from the factory if they plan on keeping them in stock.

mtbr member

I was in the shop today in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by EGF168
    When the Trance X came out it was out of stock in many countries after just over a month so I see nothing surprising here. Itís very hard to predict how popular a bike will be just like supermarkets seem to always overstock or understock on Christmas puddings, haven't seen them get it right yet.

Obviously the Anthem X has proved to be more popular than Giant expected, nothing but rave reviews wonít improve their availability and Iím sure Giant has other production commitments in the mean time. In addition to that Giant specs their bikes differently for different countries so they canít just whiz over a bunch of American ones like other brands can, especially as the UK is probably the only place that gets the Anthem X frame which means they wonít have produced many.

What bike shop would stock a Giant frame anyway? The whole bikes are better value and pretty much every bike shop with any sense keeps brands like Giant and Trek for bikes and gets in brands like Turner and Moots for frames, thatís the way it works best.

Anyway, if Giant doesnít have the bikes in stock in Holland or the UK itís usually around 6weeks or more before any more arrive from the factory if they plan on keeping them in stock.
    They order out of Chicago. No Anthem X framesets available and no ETA. Plenty of X1,2,3's though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I am not sure that Giant ever sent an Anthem X frame into the market. I have not seen any frame build up yet in the internet or elsewhere. Have you?
    I do not believe this "out of stock" story, it's too early to run out of stock. They are selling bikes for leaving and this is Giant!! of course they can predict the demand, they just - for some commercial decision - don't want to sell the frames right now. An Anthem x frame is the same everywhere, no different specs if they were available they could just swap some deliveries.
    The frame is not extensively proved by the riders yet only by a bunch of bike magazines (i.e. MBA). The main wave of the demand is yet to come therefore. Who knows, ...like Santa Cruz "they are talking orders" first before they start producing their bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Errm, no. Check the Anthem X pictures thread for others, I got mine in Canada quite easily.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikegreece
    I am not sure that Giant ever sent an Anthem X frame into the market. I have not seen any frame build up yet in the internet or elsewhere. Have you?
    I do not believe this "out of stock" story, it's too early to run out of stock. They are selling bikes for leaving and this is Giant!! of course they can predict the demand, they just - for some commercial decision - don't want to sell the frames right now. An Anthem x frame is the same everywhere, no different specs if they were available they could just swap some deliveries.
    The frame is not extensively proved by the riders yet only by a bunch of bike magazines (i.e. MBA). The main wave of the demand is yet to come therefore. Who knows, ...like Santa Cruz "they are talking orders" first before they start producing their bikes.
    I stand by my original post. As you will see in the post bellow yours the Anthem X frame is not the same in every country.

Who cares about riders, if I was choosing anew bike I would read every review I could find of it and put a lot more trust in it than a bunch of riders who own the bikes and are therefore biased. I count 6magazines that have so far given the Anthem X rave reviews which is bound to increase demand substantially.

Exactly how do you predict demand, many bike brands get this way off and when they do most of them canít just rush back to the factory and make more because there is usually other bikes booked in for production. Perhaps Giant thinks whole bikes are a priority and they will try to do frames if they have any left over.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemtu
    They order out of Chicago. No Anthem X framesets available and no ETA. Plenty of X1,2,3's though.
    Chicago, the Anthem X frame was never supposed to be available in the US as far as I know, Giant usually has a wider frame range in a few countries like the UK than anywhere else, did you see the UK was the only country to get the standard Reign frame last year?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhorse
    Errm, no. Check the Anthem X pictures thread for others, I got mine in Canada quite easily.
    You guys up north got the best paint scheme.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    What model deos that colot come in?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Frames can be bought in Australia. http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-AU/...ets/631/27772/
    It is the same as the LTD version. The Oz build specs are different to elsewhere I believe, but I assume the frames are the same (apart from the shocks).

Frame price is about $3000 AUD. Anthem X1 can be had for $3400 and X2 for $2800, so not much point buying just the frame here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Where did you buy it from? I have a trip next June to Canada and maybe I can reserve a frame from now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

anthem x

Where did you buy it from and what is its cost? I have a trip next June to Canada and maybe I can reserve a frame from now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Where did you buy it from and what is its cost? I have a trip next June to Canada and maybe I can reserve a frame from now.
    http://ziggyscycle.ca/
    C$1700.00 including taxes. I get the feeling they will be available in Europe before your trip to Canada however.

mtbr member
    Chicago, the Anthem X frame was never supposed to be available in the US as far as I know, Giant usually has a wider frame range in a few countries like the UK than anywhere else, did you see the UK was the only country to get the standard Reign frame last year?
    huh? We have one anthem-x frame in stock and we sold another. Giant is one of many companies with popular parts out of stock at the moment.

mtbr member
    Umm yeah, here's my complete build...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by slaw
    Frames can be bought in Australia. http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-AU/...ets/631/27772/
    It is the same as the LTD version. The Oz build specs are different to elsewhere I believe, but I assume the frames are the same (apart from the shocks).

Frame price is about $3000 AUD. Anthem X1 can be had for $3400 and X2 for $2800, so not much point buying just the frame here.
    Same market in NZ. In fact the distributor doesn't even bother getting frames in, given the minor differential to a complete bike... but you can order them if you're so inclined.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 743power
    huh? We have one anthem-x frame in stock and we sold another. Giant is one of many companies with popular parts out of stock at the moment.
    Huh? I was told by a Giant rep that the US and many other countries would not be getting the Anthem X frame, I looked on the website and sure enough it wasnít there but maybe I was misinformed or Giant changed their minds.

mtbr member
    Huh? I was told by a Giant rep that the US and many other countries would not be getting the Anthem X frame, I looked on the website and sure enough it wasnít there but maybe I was misinformed or Giant changed their minds.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/...in/2314/32252/

We got our first anthem-x frame in august or september, don't remember when exactly. They have been out just as long as the complete bikes.