Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthem x.......

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Anthem x.......

Hey, just picked up a copy of Mountain biking australia. They have a small photo of the new anthem x. Shock now seems to be mounted vertically like the trance / reign, but no swoopy hydoformed tubes. Unlike the new trance / reign frames, all the tubes seem fairly straight.

Its only a small photo, but Giant seem to have some weird arse colour coordinating thing going on with the fork lowers and crown being a light blue colour, as well as the front half of the steerer tube in the same colour. Oh and a white seat and grips.

The small write up mentions the frame is a little over 100 grams lighter than the previous model. Looks like they will also be doing a full review in the next issue, Nov / Dec / Jan.

Sorry dont have a scanner, so cant show you the photo.

Cheers

bi-winning
    Don't worry about the colours. It's not a production bike (yet.)

The fork pictures sounds like the latest Rock Shox SID world cup.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

X-Ray Guy
    ugh just a tease without pictures...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sicwombat
    Hey, just picked up a copy of Mountain biking australia. They have a small photo of the new anthem x. Shock now seems to be mounted vertically like the trance / reign, but no swoopy hydoformed tubes. Unlike the new trance / reign frames, all the tubes seem fairly straight.

Its only a small photo, but Giant seem to have some weird arse colour coordinating thing going on with the fork lowers and crown being a light blue colour, as well as the front half of the steerer tube in the same colour. Oh and a white seat and grips.

The small write up mentions the frame is a little over 100 grams lighter than the previous model. Looks like they will also be doing a full review in the next issue, Nov / Dec / Jan.

Sorry dont have a scanner, so cant show you the photo.

Cheers
    [SIZE=2]Did you check on here before posting, what you describe has already been posted here.

[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=434137[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Oh yeah, didnt see that. Although the picture in the magazine, although small, shows the whole bike.

Cycle Solutions

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benno
    [SIZE=2]Try my above link, there are a few shots but not the whole bike…
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by got beer?
    SWEET! I like it.

When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    May 2004
    What's on the front end of that orange thing?

bi-winning

The new...

Quote Originally Posted by Notahammer
    What's on the front end of that orange thing?
    ...Rock Shox SID.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Wow, it looks great! I was worried. The black with blue looks killer. I think the orange would have looked better with a white bottom instead of the gray. Or maybe a richer gray. But I think i like it on the XO. sweet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cycle Solutions
    I think it is Orange and Brushed Aluminum

X-Ray Guy
    the black and blue is on my shopping list for next year

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz
    the black and blue is on my shopping list for next year
    We might not get those colors in the US. Shame, the black/blue kicks ass.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Mont St. Anne

Anyone get pictures of Craig's bike there?

Cycle Solutions

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Nice paint jobs, but they bike looks the same as last yr in terms of frame etc

Pretty disappointing to me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    09 stumpjumper isnt getting much upgrades this year.lucky giant anthem is...as it pretty much justify with the 15% hike.but i still find the current model nicer

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I love my '07 anthem frame. I don't see a need to change so soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hi there - good work on the 09 Anthem X pics.

Does any one know if the maestro suspension design is the same between current and new 09 anthem - ie the only real difference between the current and 09 frame the 09 vertical shock design and travel increase and no change to the suspension dynamics/wheel path with possble weight reductions.

I am nervous I may need to trade my 07 white anthem 0 on the new 09 if the maestro system has been improved.

Thanks

B

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwibert
    Hi there - good work on the 09 Anthem X pics.

Does any one know if the maestro suspension design is the same between current and new 09 anthem - ie the only real difference between the current and 09 frame the 09 vertical shock design and travel increase and no change to the suspension dynamics/wheel path with possble weight reductions.

I am nervous I may need to trade my 07 white anthem 0 on the new 09 if the maestro system has been improved.

Thanks

B
    i dont really think there is any change in the masetro suspension system.i might be wrong.but from what i see....it remains the same

Cycle Solutions
    I'm sure it has been changed slightly now that they are using the lower shock mount and lower pivot as the same mounting point (for weight savings). Whether or not it is an improvement is probably a matter of opinion.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hi All,

I have seen the Oz bike magazine as well, but the question is why did Giant do a 90 degrees turn on the Anthem and flip the horizontal rear sus to vertical?

Did the Giant designers wake up one day and realised that the world is not flat, but round and threw the original horizontal sus design into the rubbish bin and say, hey folks we made a mistake, vertical sus is the way to go......but what about the previous years of Anthems that we are riding? Is there any design fault in them? less efficient then the vertical sus? why the sudden about turn?

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by lattner
    Hi All,

I have seen the Oz bike magazine as well, but the question is why did Giant do a 90 degrees turn on the Anthem and flip the horizontal rear sus to vertical?

Did the Giant designers wake up one day and realised that the world is not flat, but round and threw the original horizontal sus design into the rubbish bin and say, hey folks we made a mistake, vertical sus is the way to go......but what about the previous years of Anthems that we are riding? Is there any design fault in them? less efficient then the vertical sus? why the sudden about turn?
    I don't know if the leverage ratio curve is much different, or if it is the same, but the change might just be for "style" or simply "change" to keep the line "fresh." There will be magazines which will review the new design, and bring more attention to the bike.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast