Thread: Anthem review

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Anthem review

Has anyone rode the new Anthem compared to the NRS? I have a NRS C1 looking to upgrade for next year. I know that it comes pretty stacked with components, the weight should be about the same, anyone have numbers?. Also how does it fit to what people are used to? Right now the medium feels a little small but my large feels a little big. Would the stretched geometery allow me to drop down to a medium frame?
    www.mudrider.blogspot.com

Neg reppers r my biatches
    not sure......since I have only seen one. having said that, it "looks" WAY more appealing a build than than the NRS and my guess is that it is a perfect race bike that can be used as more than just a race bike.

At a race last weekend, some good folks from Bikebarn.net had a couple teams and they seemed to speak highly of the bike.....I sure wanted it for that race as it looks like a phenomenal bike. 24 HOURS of CHAMBERLIN RANCH OCTOBER 21st, 22nd, & 23rd, 2005

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I rode a medium NRS C1, and I'm probably going to order a medium Anthem 1, but I haven't ridden it. The stock build on the A1 should probably be a little lighter than the stock C1. The frames are about the same weight and the components (3lb fork) are generally lighter.

Here's a link to a review by James Huang aka Angry Asian:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2005...s/interbike051

He also did a write up on the Manitou fork and shock, but I can't find it right now.

I can't wait to ride one, should be a great bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0