Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Good job! Anthem photos (merged thread)

Just got my 2007 Anthem. Just didnt like my 2007 Epice so I went back to Giant.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Nice bike! Awesome spec and real nice looknig too!

Is that last picture the weight of the frame only? What is included in that weight?

mtbr member
    Yes that was the frame ,seat binder,water bottle cage bolts 4,R der. hanger . Size large 20in.
    The compleat bike is 25.1 with the hevey tires.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Looking at the bike componentry, I am assuming you bought the frame and built it up?

Can you give a full spec breakdown?

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Fox F100RL WTB laser lite hubs DT Revolution spokes alloy nips Mavic 717 disc rim, XT crank set , XT front der. 2007 X0 rear, and 2007 X9 shifters,Magura martas, EC90 flatbar ,FSA stem ,EC70 seatpost ,Fizik Aliante saddle ,Maxis Advantage tires (hevey training tire) I race on Maxxlite or Crossmark. This is my 2nd Anthem, I think its the best race bike in the world!

mtbr member
    what is that you like better about the anthem than the EPIC? I had an earlier 04 epic and didn't like the lack of compliance with the EPIC and now I ride a Trance. But I've read the newer brain shocks were much improved???

Cycle Solutions
    Daaaang that's nice. Very light too, now I am most curious as to what my 2006 Anthem 1 weighs. Can't wait till my Anthem Advanced is ordered, won't be long now!

mtbr member
    The Anthem is much more comfy and its better on the down hills, still just as fast as the Epic.

Cycle Solutions
    Holy crap dude get out of that gear ratio..........your derailleur is crying

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benno
    Holy crap dude get out of that gear ratio..........your derailleur is crying
    I saw that allso right away...

MTB B'dos
    Very nice looking bike w/ a nice light weight build, but I still prefer the '06 Team Blue and red colours over the '07 colours - I like my race machines to "look" fast.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nice. Mind if I ask what the final build total $$$$$ came to??

mtbr member
    thats a beautiful bike

a.k.a. BicycleKicks
    Can anyone find the cat in the first pic?

Yes, that's a sweet ride. I'm guessing you use tubes since you didn't mention anything about tubeless... just curious.

How about adding a chainstay protector?

EDIT: is the fork set up for 80mm or 100mm travel? I think 80mm is standard for that bike, but some people ride 100mm, right?
    I read that on the internet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambo2166
    Yes that was the frame ,seat binder,water bottle cage bolts 4,R der. hanger . Size large 20in.
    The compleat bike is 25.1 with the hevey tires.
    I find the weight of 25.1 lbs complete hard to believe but I could be wrong. I have an 18inch Anthem LE with titanium shock mounts, full XTR drivetrain, cranks & pedals, Race Face Next SL carbon bar/post & Deus XC stem, Selle Italia 180gr saddle, R7 Platinum fork, Mavic Crossmax SL rims with Hutchie Pythons and all told my bike is slightly heavier than your claimed weight.
    Last edited by Captain; 10-21-2006 at 05:30 AM.
    YOUR BIKE SUCKS!

Cycle Solutions
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain
    I find the weight of 25.1 lbs complete hard to believe but I could be wrong. I have an 18inch Anthem LE with titanium shock mounts, full XTR drivetrain, cranks & pedals, Race Face Next SL carbon bar/post & Deus XC stem, Selle Italia 180gr saddle, R7 Platinum fork, Mavic Crossmax SL rims with Hutchie Pythons and all told my bike is slightly heavier than your claimed weight.

Could be the wheels, crossmax's arent the lightest of the bunch...........well 2007 is more positive
    That raceface stuff isnt the lightest either.

MTB B'dos

Could drop even more weight.........

If he got a nice REBA on there, prob drop another 1/4-1/2 lb.

Could be the wheels, crossmax's arent the lightest of the bunch...........well 2007 is more positive
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Cycle Solutions
    I think the FOX is pretty much the same weight as a REBA...........unless you got the World Cup which is a lot of $ to spend to save 0.1 of a pound

mtbr member
    My complete wheelset is about 1675gr which is about 30gr heavier than a complete XTR set. That is pretty light. My Raceface stem is 125gr. My Raceface post is 230gr. My Raceface bars are 99gr. My fork is 1360gr and I could keep going. What is your interpretation of light Benno?
    YOUR BIKE SUCKS!

Cycle Solutions
    It is easy to save 100grams here and there.........the XTR factory wheels arent that light either, they are the same ballpark as the Crossmax's. You're about 150grams short of an R7 too, the target weight was 2.9lbs but the actual weight is in between 3.2 - 3.4 (1500+grams). I have pretty much the same bike as you, but with XO spec (north american Anthem 1 with R7 platinum). My bike weighs 24.5 cause I run 460gram tires with no tubes which shaves a ton of weight off the stock setup.

Cycle Solutions
    I'd say 1500grams isnt unrealistic for a handbuilt wheelset, there is almost 200grams................I could go on

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I am about to order up my new Anthem frame too The thing is I am tempted to match it up with a 100mm fork as well. My LBS is advising me to stay with 80mm due to the fact that the 100mm will make the bike to skethchy...especially in race situations. The 80 would be a little lighter but I am not sure now what to get. This bike will be built to race so that is my objective. What do you guys think

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain

I just put the bike back on the scale with my race tires (crossmarks) It came in at 24.9. I took a pic and will post it later. I built my wheels WTB hubs rev DT spokes 717 rim there about 1550 grams..

mtbr member
    As most guys you will see at a national series of XC use either the crossmax SL or XTR wheelsets, I'll put up with their weight. Can't be too bad now can it? R7 Platinum 100mm is 1480gr according to weight weenies and even less for the 80mm. A couple of hundred grams lighter than a Fox but who really cares. I havnt actually weighed my bike with industrial calibrated scales, only on the bathroom ones but I was surprised to hear some of your weights because I know a rider with the Anthem 1 with Sram XO and Fox fork which is out of the box and my bike is a fair bit lighter than his to pick up in your hands and they are both 18inch. Out of curiousity, I might weigh my bike properly and get back to you.
    YOUR BIKE SUCKS!

Cycle Solutions
    I like the geometry with the 80............100 will slow the steering down. My personal preference.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast