mtbr member
    Apr 2009

New question here. Another Trance sizing dilemma

Sorry for another post on this subject but I've read all that I can find and still unsure how to go. I'm considering swapping my components from a 19" Dawg Deelux to a Med Trance X0 frame that I can pick up at a good price (they only have med, no large so it's med or nothing). I'm 6' and want a bike that can climb and decend. I'm not a banzai dh'er but want to be able to wick it up a bit and have fun on trails that are at times at least semi-technical. The threads I've read would lead me to believe I will like the med but I'm just not sure. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks: confused:

mtbr member
    Go by the top tube measurement.
    Measure your stem, and your top tube.
    Compare numbers to the Trance frame.

If I had to guess, M would be too small. I'm 6'1" and M is too small for me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I'm 6' and I'm getting a large. YMMV

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I am 6ft wiht a 31" inside leg and the medium Trance X0 is cool for me with room to adjust if ness.

Top bike whichever you go for.

Schwizzle
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kinetixphoto
    Sorry for another post on this subject but I've read all that I can find and still unsure how to go. I'm considering swapping my components from a 19" Dawg Deelux to a Med Trance X0 frame that I can pick up at a good price (they only have med, no large so it's med or nothing). I'm 6' and want a bike that can climb and decend. I'm not a banzai dh'er but want to be able to wick it up a bit and have fun on trails that are at times at least semi-technical. The threads I've read would lead me to believe I will like the med but I'm just not sure. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks: confused:

Go w/ the large I'm 6' as well and a medium will feel cramped

mtbr member
    6'1" and I ride a Large Trance X2.