RCC
    Bandolero

AC owners,question?

does any of you guys have had problems with the rear derailler HANGER? have you guys had the hanger break on you? i own a 2004 ac1 and i'm on my third hanger, giant does not have an answer for me,any imput out there? thanks in advance....
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

Trance Rider
    I owned a 2002 AC1 and rode it for three seasons and late last fall the hanger broke. It was the 1st time that had happened. I had well over 1500 trail miles on the bike. Somethings not right with your setup.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    agreed. my 2001 ac1 has had a hard life, but no deraileur hanger breakage....

RCC
    Bandolero
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbiker45
    I owned a 2002 AC1 and rode it for three seasons and late last fall the hanger broke. It was the 1st time that had happened. I had well over 1500 trail miles on the bike. Somethings not right with your setup.
    I'm with you,i belive that something is not right with that setup,but the shop and the giant representative claim that there isn't anything wrong with it.i even call giant and talk to one of the warranty guys.iforgot his first name but his last name was vanhorn or something.and of course he was no help,he just keep saying that's unusual,but in the mean time i keep getting fuc#$ed every time that happens.they even question(bike shop and giant)the way i ride,i had not done but xc riding on this bike.this bike is supost to be a freeride bike so xc should be a cake for it.i have put more 3,000 mile on my gary fisher and nothing like that has ever happen to it.
    it's a shame cus i really like that frame,for a beefy frame sure climbs great just like a xc frame.i have bought two more bike's after that and none are giant i just do not trust them no more. bike's and company.there custumer service sucks.now i'm no longer living in california so maybe i'll find a better bike shop here in albuquerque that can figure that problem out for me,i hope cus like i said, i really like that bike.
    anyhow thanks for the replies guys, i was wondering if it was an isolated problem or was happening out there to other people.thanks again and peace....
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...