mtbr member

2013 XTC Composite 29er

I've seen a few pics leaked of the new XTC Composite 29ers but nothing more.
    Does anyone have info on the 2013 stuff yet?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Just got back from my local giant dealer. Owner was at a Giant dealer unveiling recently and told his manager that there was going to be a carbon hard tail 29er with a rockshock fork for $2,000. Said it would be a category killer! Hope so.....that would be sweet! I wish Giant would relax their head angles a little more on their xtc models. Does 71.5 feet kinda steep to anyone else? I am on a Fisher x-caliber with a 69.6 angle and really like the high speed stability I feel........Not sure how that steep of an angle would feel......especially on tricky fast technical descents.

mtbr member
    Awesome that does sound like a sweet deal if its true. That does sound like a steep head angle, I'm on the fence cause I want a 29er that still rides aggressive, but I want it to be light weight as well. I have a full-suspension AM setup that I love and this is just gonna be my bike for XC type stuff but still want it to be able to handle the gnar occasionally.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I've been really pleased with my 11 X-Cal. In fact all the Treks, even the carbon superflys have more relaxed geometry. I would like to get a carbon hard tail 29er as my next bike, and I hope Giant slackens the head angle so it will be more trail friendly. Another bike to check out is the new 2013 Trek Stache. 120mm travel and slacker head angle....looks really nice....there is a youtube video out on it now

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ptkevin View Post
    I've been really pleased with my 11 X-Cal. In fact all the Treks, even the carbon superflys have more relaxed geometry. I would like to get a carbon hard tail 29er as my next bike, and I hope Giant slackens the head angle so it will be more trail friendly. Another bike to check out is the new 2013 Trek Stache. 120mm travel and slacker head angle....looks really nice....there is a youtube video out on it now
    I like the head angle on the XTC, to me it rides very stable and is stable at speed. I like how this bike handles in techy terrain, its not always easy to find a 29er that can turn

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    thats good to hear about the xtc.....giant always delivers a ton of bang for the buck! I will be looking forward to the 2013 xtc's

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

2013 xtc composite 29er

2013 xtc composite 29er
    4Models
    Composite 1 y 0
    Composite Advance SL 1 y 0

Aluminium only xtc 2

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Looks like ordering one of the last 8 Aluminum XTC 1's wasn't a bad idea. Had I have waited I would have been stuck with the ugly Grey 2013 Aluminum XTC 2.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Hey, I pick up a 2013 XTC 2 tomorrow. Be nice! I prefer it slightly to 2012 XTC 2, but nothing compares to the 2010/2011 colours. I'm really more interested in why Giant smoothed over the weld seam at the top and down tube junction of the XTC Aluminium. No more stack of dimes there...
    Last edited by 017; 08-10-2012 at 03:26 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Looking to pick up a 2012 XTC Composite 1 on CL for 1500 this weekend, possibly. I don't see any reason to wait on the new 2013s for more $$ - am I missing anything?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Im very interested in the Advanced SL 1, any frame weight details yet?