mtbr member
    Feb 2012

2013 xtc composite 29er 1

hey folks
    Looking at a carbon hardtail 29er and this one looks great value. anyone got one yet? any pics or reports?

Seems a good mix of XT and SLX gear with last years proven frame.

Nice colourway too.

cheers
    Steve

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJfromtheSwitch View Post
    hey folks
    Looking at a carbon hardtail 29er and this one looks great value. anyone got one yet? any pics or reports?

Seems a good mix of XT and SLX gear with last years proven frame.

Nice colourway too.

cheers
    Steve
    Definitely looks sweet!

mtbr member
    I got mine about a month ago. I'm loving it. Although I promised the wife the bike was perfect as is, I still managed to find a few things to upgrade. Already swapped out the SLX cassette and front derailleur for XT stuff. Prolly gonna do the shifters next. Yeah, I loved the color scheme so much that I'm selling my road bike to buy a 2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL road bike with the same colors! ;-)

mtbr member
    I have the 2012 XTC-0 and love it! I had the fork reworked by Suspension Experts, and run XTR 2-10 setup. It is the best hard tail I have ever road and I ride it everywhere. I am an East Coast rider and I have gone down some big down hill that most would not even try. The bike has held up perfectly. I originally went with Giant due to the company's awesome customer service. I felt if I snap the frame they would replace it quickly.... it has been teh best bike that I have owned to date and will race this entire season. I have no desire in replacing it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ive had the xtc 2013 composite since august(we get them early in Aussie land) Previous bike was the 2012 anthem 29er thought Id try the composite hard tail as the price difference was only $100. I have fitted a xt r/h shifter and I run my stans crests when racing or training and 700x35 slicks on the standard rims for commuting. I wish the cassette was slx, its worse than that. Deore I think. Overall Im in two minds as to which bike for 2014, short rides are fast and fun but longer races around 50km get to me a bit more on this bike. Love the look of it

Primative Screwhead
    I've pulled the trigger on a 2013 XTC 1 and it's fantastic. I agree with the above poster re: the cassette. It's not the 350 gram slx version but a 456 gram two-piece beheamoth.
    Ego maniacs please object to my posts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Anybody have any pics of their 2013 XTC 1? Im really really close to saying yes to this bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    can anyone tell me the size of the rear axle tia

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Any other reviews as a do-everything bike? thinking of upgrading from my scott scale 29er but concerned about the 2 degree steeper head angle. Living in NC we go to the mountains from time to time and worried about it being twitchy.

mtbr member
    I am interested in getting an XTC as my XC rig. What is a fair price of one from a dealer? What are yours weighing in at?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey guys, I'm pretty interested in this HT. But my only concern is I'm a Uber Clydesdale (6'5" 350#) so you know what I'm worried about. Would this composite frame hold up to my heft, or should I look at some other aluminum HT's of the same status? Thanks for any advice in advance.