Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

2013 XTC Advanced SL 1 29er Weight

Hi all

Does anyone know or know where i could find the weight of this bike as a full build as well as frame weight online? My local bike store will not be getting one in to weigh and i am interested in this over the composite.

XTC Advanced SL 29er 1 (2013) - Bikes | Giant Bicycles | United States

thanks in advanced!

B

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    On the Norwegian Giant website they say 9,75 kilogram in size M (+/- 5%)

On a German reseller website (S-Tec-sports . de) says it is 9,5 kilogram

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thank you very much.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    This is my new XL size fitted with XT pedals and converted to tubeless, was 9.8kg even without pedals but after going tubeless LBS also had a medium which was 9.82kg no pedals and no tubeless conversion

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 XTC Advanced SL 1 29er Weight-uploadfromtaptalk1354177570445.jpg  

2013 XTC Advanced SL 1 29er Weight-uploadfromtaptalk1354177591832.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks - mine came in last week and weighs in at 9.75 in medium w/out pedals and converted to tubeless. With Crank Brothers egg beaters it comes in at 10.03

Great Bike !!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bebe View Post

Great Bike !!!
    Hope so!! Im looking forward to my first ride.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I would like to see some more pictures and off course a ride review

I'm still waiting for mine.... All upgrades are in-house, so as soon as I have the bike I begin upgrading. Think the weight will be +/- 9.2 kg incl cages and pedals

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Does any one know the Frame Weight?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'm also looking for the frame weight.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I've seen 1.040 grams in a review, think it was the interview from Bikeradar on the Eurobike 2012. But i don't know for sure.

The Dutch Giant website say the frameset weights 1,1 kg including clamp, and overdrive headset. I think they used a size M.
    XTC Advanced SL 29er FR (2013) - Fietsen | Giant Bicycles / Fietsen | Nederland

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

2013 giant advance sl 1 29er

Hi guys! Just recieved my (sml) SL1 a few days ago. With the weights, I've seen on this forum, mind came out to 23lbs. not sure if that is right. I have changed out the wheelset to american classic 1600grm, which is 150grms lighter that the original wheelset, and of course converted to tubeless a lighter saddle and eggbeater 2's. Tires are Hutchinson Pythons. Anyways rode the bike, and love it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by inochi View Post
    Hi guys! Just recieved my (sml) SL1 a few days ago. With the weights, I've seen on this forum, mind came out to 23lbs. not sure if that is right. I have changed out the wheelset to american classic 1600grm, which is 150grms lighter that the original wheelset, and of course converted to tubeless a lighter saddle and eggbeater 2's. Tires are Hutchinson Pythons. Anyways rode the bike, and love it!
    How did you weight it? On a normal scale or a bike specific one? A normal scale isn't accurate enough for weighting bikes.

• The chosen Hutchinson tires are + 300 grams heavier than the Schwalbes.
    • Eggbeaters 2 adds 275 grams.
    • Tubeless setup saves +/- 200 grams.
    • Wheelset is 150 grams lighter, but did you weighted it yourself or is it the weight mentioned by AC? In that case, add up weight for the quick release, rim strip etc. Because I think the wheelset saves less then 150 grams.

In total the bike is +/- 225 grams heavier than "box weight".

Beside the list above, did you add bottlecages? A computer including sensors? Perhaps other accessories?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    AC says the wheelset is 1600grm and giant' s new pxcr 1 is 1750grm so I'm guessing it's 150grm lighter. The only thing added is giant's lightest aluminium cage, switched out the saddle to a selle italia SL. Well the mechanic weighted the bike on a scale with a hook on it and held it up with booth hands. Which I think wouldn't be that accurate. What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by inochi; 01-22-2013 at 11:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My med was 21 lbs (9.5 kg) according to my LBS. That was without pedals and with tubes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Brought my bike back to shop to have the brake lines and shift cables trimmed, due to dropping the stem and having the bike fitted to myself. Had the bike weighted again came to be 21 lbs. and that*s with lights on. What are your thoughts? Photos to be posted soon!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by inochi View Post
    Brought my bike back to shop to have the brake lines and shift cables trimmed, due to dropping the stem and having the bike fitted to myself. Had the bike weighted again came to be 21 lbs. and that*s with lights on. What are your thoughts? Photos to be posted soon!
    Seems the first calculation wasn't accurate . 21 lbs (9,5kg) does sounds right. I would love to see some pictures .

Mine, size M, is scheduled to arrive in week 8. Then I swap out most parts before Iím going to ride.

Changes:
    Brakes: Magura MT8 with storm SL rotors 180/160
    Shifters: SRAM X.0 gripshift (black/grey)
    Crank: SRAM X.0 39/26 (black/grey)
    Wheels: Carbon rims with Sapim race and laser spokes and DT Swiss 350 hubs updated to 36T star ratchet. I keep the P-XCR1 wheels for training and as reserve set during marathons.
    Tyres: Michelin Wild Race'r Advanced Ultimate 2.0 / Michelin Wild Grip'r Advanced 2.0
    Tubes: Continental MTB 29 light in the P-XCR wheel, Tubeless on the carbon wheelset.
    Pedals: Shimano XT
    Bottle cages: Specialized Carbon Rib Cage

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Here it is! What are your thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 XTC Advanced SL 1 29er Weight-dscn4756.jpg  

Last edited by inochi; 01-27-2013 at 10:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    @inochi looks nice!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks! HkNeef, upgrades to be added, in the near, not so far future.

Your Best Friend
    I had that same set of wheels on my Scott Scale RC. Loved them! Just flexy enough to balance out a hard tail but stiff enough for a big guy like me to have confidence. They came in at 1420ish grams with a 10mm rear axle and 15mm front. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone with a HT. Congrats!
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    I had that same set of wheels on my Scott Scale RC. Loved them! Just flexy enough to balance out a hard tail but stiff enough for a big guy like me to have confidence. They came in at 1420ish grams with a 10mm rear axle and 15mm front. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone with a HT. Congrats!
    Yes! Awsome wheelset, going to upgrade to ceramic bearings real soon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Here is my XTC.

My changes were.....All XT, Sytace Hiflex seat post, Specialized Phenom saddle, Time pedals

Not sure about the weight now, but it flies and is really stable.

2013 XTC Advanced SL 1 29er Weight-bike.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    That white saddle looks good! Next go tubeless.

mtbr member
    Did any of you guys that recently bought the XTC advanced also try the Anthem first, particularly the new carbon but either is fine. I'm looking for ride impressions etc as I'm struggling to choose between the two. My team shop would have to order them so I don't have a hands on example and besides, I don't live in CA where I can go test anything right now. It would be for Midwest cat 1 XC racing scene.
    R U living to ride or riding to live?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    biketango, If weight is no deal to you, the Anthem. But the XTC advance, it's light responsive, and fast. With the right tire pressure on the XTC, the bike is as smooth as the Anthem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast