mtbr member
    Feb 2007

2013 Trance X rear axle

I'm just curious to know if anyone on the forum has any info on whether Giant will be using the 12X142 rear axle standard for their 2013 Trance X (not 29er) frames?
    Last edited by MacGiv'er; 08-02-2012 at 06:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Is there going to still be a Giant Trance in 26 in 2013 ?
    Not sure if a 29er trance is what I want, might have to get a 2012 trance before they are all gone.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    last week i went to my dealer to see if giant had any 2012 trance x,s they had the x2 and x3 left i ended up ordering the x 3 because thex 2 color is just ugly. plus i love upgrading to the things i want on the bike . i have put about 50 miles on it so far and love it . it replaced my 2007 trance. and i love that bike but this one is so much better.. Giant also had pretty good discounts on the leftover bikes in there warehouse.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Pretty sure they'll stick with 135mm spacing. The Trance X29er will be that way and they've mentioned it's plenty stiff without needing 142.

I'd like them to do it so it's easier to install the thru-axle. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Genetic_Drift View Post
    Is there going to still be a Giant Trance in 26 in 2013 ?
    Not sure if a 29er trance is what I want, might have to get a 2012 trance before they are all gone.

Looks like that is a yes: Oh... well I guess I am so new I cannot post links, Giant has thier 2013 line up and it has both 29 and 26 trance x's

I am going to have to decide between the 26 and 29. Decisions, decisions.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hmmm, trance X 29er, seems like it could be pretty fun, although I'm not sure I'd want my friends to see me on one...

;-)

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Nope, but if you run a hub that can do a 10mm thru, the Hadley thru-bolt is nice. One allen key needed, the other side is tabbed so it doesn't spin in the dropout, and bolts up very nice and tight. IMO, less fiddly and prone to any sort of issue that may crop up with the DT Swiss thing. I've seen a few of those strip out or break the lever.

IMO, a 5" bike like the TX line doesn't really need more than that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper