mtbr member
    Dec 2011

2013 Trance 29er X2 - Why did you get rid of it?

Hello all

I am very close to picking up a 2013 Trance 29er X2 - used

My only concern is, there are several popping up for sale in my area. My suspicious mind has to ask, "Why?"

I never see new Stumpjumpers for sale. So why are so many Trances popping up?

I have read every review for the Trance I can find, and they are universally positive. I love the feel of the bike.

So, I just have to ask... If you sold it, Why did you sell it? I just don't want to pick up a lemon.

Conversely, if you have had the Trance X2 for 6 months and love it, can you let me know?

$1500 is a lot of money to me, and I just want to do my due diligence.

Thanks in advance

Doug in San Diego

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I've had mine for a year now and absolutely love it. I wouldn't have any other bike unles it was a SC Tallboy LT or Rocky Mountain. I wouldn't spend the money to purchase those bikes though. The Trance is super fun to ride and will not let you down. Don't be afraid to buy it. Someone problem has to have all the top components or the latest bike so they probably got she'd of that one to get the latest greatest thing. The x1 has the best overall value but I got the X2 because the LBS gave me an awesome deal.

mtbr member
    Thinking that $1500.00 is pretty good deal(if in great shape) for a 2013 as the retail is $1900 plus tax.

Sometimes people find that riding trails uses energy or they figure they bought way more bike than they need or they bust their ass and find out they will not ever ride like the guys or girls in those YouTube videos.

Their loss is you gain!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Ive had mine a few months and love it! Got mine with 12 month no interest financing for not much more than 1500. When you buy used you don't get the lifetime warranty. Might be worth to talk to a local dealer and ask them to get close to that price if that is an option. But either way its still a good price for practically new bike! I hope you love it as much as I do mine! I have no regrets.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    No regrets at all on mine. If you like it just buy it. I wouldn't pay $1500 used though, you can get it new for not much more, esp. since the 27.5's are here.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks for all the replies

Gonna see if the LBS can give me a deal for cash

Hope to be a proud owner soon

mtbr member
    I know a guy who sold a Trance. He sold it because he wanted to race, and he rode my Anthem. Now, I haven't ridden a trance, not really. But the Anthem is a very rewarding bike to ride fast, while the Trance is a much more plush bike - it can still go plenty fast, but the Anthem just stretches you out a bit more. So, nothing wrong with the trance at all. He just wanted a little racier bike, and that's what the Anthem is.

mtbr member
    I bought mine used for 1300. The seller needed to pay some bills. Only ridden about 50 miles. I got lucky. Great bike btw.
    2013 Giant Trance X29 2
    2012 Specialized Hardrock Disc 29er

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Well, I sold my 2013 TX29er as I also have the '13 Anthem X29er.

I got the TX as I felt it would be better for the steeper stuff and bashing down hills...but...as the AX is such a great all-rounder, what happened was that the Trance just wasn't being used..

I get along well with the (Med)AX29er, though at 5'8 the Medium TX29er felt "big" when trying to blast through singletrack, and the AX felt much more lively...

Now to wait for the 2014 Anthem X 650b, though I am keeping the 29er!

Got A Lust for Life...
    I sold my Tallboy Carbon and picked up a Trance. Anyone that tells you this bike is slow or cannot stand up to the boutique bikes is wrong. I do not miss the Tallboy at all.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I am immune to your disdain.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I love my '13 TranceX 29er 0! Maybe people are upgrading to a better model?? Or their selling off the old in order to get the new Trance 650b when it hits the market?

Tactical Nightmare
    2014 is the reason why, I have to think. These other reasons mentioned above are probably dead on too......Jumped into MTB before realizing it takes effort to pedal, needed to pay bills, etc. But there are big changes afoot for 2014 for the Trance especially, and people are jacked. Now, with that said, the 2013 Trance X 29er is a bad-ass bike to be sure, and really one of the better 29ers in my opinion. I really don't think you could go wrong, but as someone mentioned, check with your local Giant dealer and see what kind of deal they can make.....and drop the knowledge about the 2014's coming out and see what kind of deal they will make. I'm sure they will want to clear old (not that 2013 is old) stock out soon. You can't go wrong with that bike bud, truly.
    "The true object of all human life is play" - GK Chesterton
    *2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    *1983 Schwinn Predator

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I ended up buying a new 2014 Trance X2 29er from my LBS for about $1800 out the door.

Love It!!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Awesome! How do you like it??