Thread: 2013 Reign X0.

Eat, Poop, Pedal.

2013 Reign X0.

I currently run a '12 Reign 2, and after much thought and riding I'm thinking about going with a 2013 Reign X0 instead. I was originally going to upgrade my Reign 2 brakes, shock, fork(which I would also have to at least get a new 20qr front wheel to match with fork) and decided it probably wasn't worth dumping that kind of money in that bike. So I'm thinking about getting the '13 X0. Anybody have one or heard anything about these bikes? Good and bad. Thanks! It's always exciting shopping for new bikes! The more knowledge the better!
    2012 Reign.
    2010 Rincon.

i like bikes

May contain nuts
    Loving the '11 RX, so much I sold the TX. RX does everything well - did a 50km road ride today with plenty of climbing (tracks are wet).

Tire Geek O_o
    You should probably weigh in the full cost of upgrading, and then compare to the difference for a 2013 X0, which is going to be expensive, but cant complain about the specs definitely the top of it.

Framewise, there hasn been nothing new since 2008 in the Reign's, except the bigger tubes, and the overdrive headset.

But for 2013 there is a small detail that makes a massive difference, 2013 bikes will be able to take Chain Guides, so definitely go for the 2013!!!!

Then only new thing Giant could pull off, is to produce Carbon versions of the Reigns and the Glory!

I personally hope they produce soon carbon and 650B versions!
    Last edited by cesalec; 10-11-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!

May contain nuts
    OP was asking about upgrading to an RX, which has always had ISCG tabs... (the upper tab has been the cause of the early revision U-link failures).

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    i have an 09 XO and i love it

mtbr member
    May 2011
    is 2013 reign x out yet?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cscsw View Post
    is 2013 reign x out yet?
    Picking up my X frame this week. Not sure about the complete bikes though.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hetfield99 View Post
    Picking up my X frame this week. Not sure about the complete bikes though.
    We have complete bike but no frameset here

Does yours come with kashima dhx air and headset for normal taper steerer tube?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    cscsw - not sure on either of those items. I'll let you know tomorrow though!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    let us know if it comes with a new lower link

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Picked up the frame yesterday. Spent a few mintues talking with the owner of my LBS about it. He was not terribly familiar with the frame, but I don't blame him due living in Indiana and most people don't buy frames with this much travel. He made a few calls to Giant to get my questions answered and then he also pulled out the calipers to take a few measurements. He was super helpful.

Anyway, found at that the Overdrive system on this frame came with a full headset. The upper cup is actually 1 1/8. I loosely installed it on my 1.5 to 1.125 Totem fork. I do have pics, but because my post count is so low I can't post them. I can e-mail you if you want.

Rear dropouts are 135 x 12 and uses a maxle type (not included).

As for the lower link, I'm not sure because this is my first Reign X frame. Don't know what the old ones looked like. I also have pics of it if you want. The DHX is Kashima coated.
    Last edited by hetfield99; 11-08-2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: typos

mtbr member
    May 2011
    you can post a pict after 10 posts, something like that. Your words are very helpful already though. Thanks.

is it look like this? The older link has a bigger cutout

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    A bigger cutout where?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    the cutout for the ISCG. The older version of the lower link has a deeper cutout.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    It doesn't look much different than that

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I'm told from a very reliable source all 2013 Reign X frames have the final revised link which only directly fits on the 2013 frame with it's smaller upper ISCG tab. (They really don't think anyone will be breaking them now...fingers crossed) I'm not gonna lie...I want to upgrade to this 2013 frame.

I just wish they had done a carbon version, but I understand why they are sitting back and letting the market play out a bit with 650b.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I just re-examined the frame. One of the lower ISCG tabs measured about .30 inches thick, and the top ISCG tab (where the link cutout is located) measures roughly .15 inches thick. Hope this helps out. Like I said, I'm not sure of how the older models were constructed.
    Last edited by hetfield99; 11-08-2012 at 11:05 AM.