Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 100

Thread: 2013 Reign X

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    20

    2013 Reign X

    Ok, we know next gen Reign X is coming this summer so I hope we'll see some prototypes soon...

    Any news, rumors, what changes will be on the frame? Beside new lower link of course

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PeytonP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    311
    I just got my 2012! Don't spoil the fun with the 2013 already!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PeterMarv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    120
    Giant To Offer Carbon Anthem X 29er And Reign - BikeRadar

    sounds like carbon, which is never a bad thing. The reign x is such a well built bike, i would love to get one. looking forward to the aftermath of seaotter to see all the new bits and bikes.
    Last edited by PeterMarv; 04-18-2012 at 11:47 PM.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    176
    12x142
    longer top tube
    slacker HA
    better lower link
    more attractive color! pls!

  5. #5
    Slower But Faster
    Reputation: BrentD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by cscsw View Post
    12x142
    longer top tube
    slacker HA
    better lower link
    more attractive color! pls!
    12 x 142 = Maybe (I see Specialized are reverting to 12 x 135 for their top end DH rig as it makes the rear end narrower.
    Longer top tube = not required for me, I love the fit the way it is
    Slacker HA = Yes 66.5 or even 66
    Better lower link = YES!!!, wouldn't be hard to make it worse!
    More attractive colour = Subjective but yes, 2012 colours are a bit naff.

    EDIT: And 1 x 10/11 gearing.
    And internal cable routing
    And 170mm fork

    I guess we'll know after Interbike this Northern Hemisphere autumn.
    Last edited by BrentD; 07-10-2012 at 06:38 PM.

  6. #6
    Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Reputation: Uncle Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,747
    I want everything the 2013 Speshy Enduro Evo S-works offers, but with Maestro...

    Uncle Cliffy has left the building.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2
    +650b option

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by budgthom View Post
    +650b option
    +1

  9. #9
    2010 Glory custom FR
    Reputation: frango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentD View Post

    I guess we'll know after Interbike this Northern Hemisphere autumn.
    It may even occur earlier, as there is a European 2013 range presentation next week in Spain.
    pozdro
    frango

  10. #10
    Slower But Faster
    Reputation: BrentD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy View Post
    I want everything the 2013 Speshy Enduro Evo S-works offers, but with Maestro...

    Uncle Cliffy has left the building.
    +1

  11. #11
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy View Post
    I want everything the 2013 Speshy Enduro Evo S-works offers, but with Maestro...

    Uncle Cliffy has left the building.
    YES

  12. #12
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,521
    Quote Originally Posted by budgthom View Post
    +650b option
    NO

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    437
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by budgthom
    +650b option

    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian View Post
    NO
    put this in yall's pipes to smoke:



    that's a '11 plain reign with a 650b out back and a 140mm 29er g2 front. 650b FTW!!

  14. #14
    Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Reputation: Uncle Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,747
    Quote Originally Posted by onespeedpaul View Post


    that's a '11 plain reign with a 650b out back and a 140mm 29er g2 front. 650b FTW!!
    Taller BB = fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy View Post
    Taller BB = fail.
    If you say so, I say don't knock it til you try it.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy View Post
    Taller BB = fail.
    More like Taller BB = Less pedal strikes.

  17. #17
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,521
    Quote Originally Posted by onespeedpaul View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by budgthom
    +650b option



    put this in yall's pipes to smoke:



    that's a '11 plain reign with a 650b out back and a 140mm 29er g2 front. 650b FTW!!
    someone has been smoking too much and it's not me

    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post
    More like Taller BB = Less pedal strikes.
    I'll take the risk of striking my pedals over negatively impacting cornering.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian View Post
    someone has been smoking too much and it's not me



    I'll take the risk of striking my pedals over negatively impacting cornering.
    believe what you will without even trying it...it's my experience after having ridden mine and an unmodified full 26" 2011 reign back to back that mine corners better, steers better, clears rock gardens and rooty techy terrain better, manuals better, and on and on...it's my opinion that low BB=faster cornering is a myth...i've dialed my bike in to suit me and it works.

  19. #19
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,521
    Quote Originally Posted by onespeedpaul View Post
    believe what you will without even trying it...it's my experience after having ridden mine and an unmodified full 26" 2011 reign back to back that mine corners better, steers better, clears rock gardens and rooty techy terrain better, manuals better, and on and on...it's my opinion that low BB=faster cornering is a myth...i've dialed my bike in to suit me and it works.
    I love how you assume...

    glad you found a setup that works for you and the type of riding you do.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    437
    same to you

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ThePunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by onespeedpaul View Post
    believe what you will without even trying it...it's my experience after having ridden mine and an unmodified full 26" 2011 reign back to back that mine corners better, steers better, clears rock gardens and rooty techy terrain better, manuals better, and on and on...it's my opinion that low BB=faster cornering is a myth...i've dialed my bike in to suit me and it works.
    euhh - that right there tells me that most of the riding you do doesn't involve high speed trails.

    Anyone who tells me with a straight face that there are no advantages to a low bottom bracket simply doesn't ride any balls-out trails.

    No myth here, just basic theoretical phycics.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePunisher View Post
    euhh - that right there tells me that most of the riding you do doesn't involve high speed trails.

    Anyone who tells me with a straight face that there are no advantages to a low bottom bracket simply doesn't ride any balls-out trails.

    No myth here, just basic theoretical phycics.
    you can go into theoretical physics all you want...while you're at it, go ahead and make up some theories of what kind of trails and how balls out i ride too...oh wait, you already did....

    how about this: it's all tradeoffs, compromises if you will. i retract any words, hints, or intonations that i made that there are no (zero) benefits to a low BB, how's that for a compromise, me meeting you in the middle....(and the other naysayers...ahem ze loudmouth frenchie!!)

    on that note, you can't tell me with a straight face there are no advantages to a higher BB either....each (relatively higher or lower BB heights) have their pros and cons, i choose higher. compromise.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy View Post
    I want everything the 2013 Speshy Enduro Evo S-works offers, but with Maestro...

    Uncle Cliffy has left the building.
    And make an XL.

    Word to your mother

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    176
    Any source about a new design of reign in 2013?
    I am planning to build a new 6-7 inches AM bike

  25. #25
    Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Reputation: Uncle Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,747
    Quote Originally Posted by cscsw View Post
    Any source about a new design of reign in 2013?
    I am planning to build a new 6-7 inches AM bike


    Doesn't seem much different, except for the (awesome) addition of a roller style chain guide...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Swapping Reign frames
    By Project X in forum Giant
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 05:05 PM
  2. Reign vs Reign X
    By kill phil in forum Giant
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 05:46 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 05:39 PM
  4. New Reign 3 / Old Reign 2 ???
    By HUSTLEDC in forum Giant
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 10:17 AM
  5. Should I get the Giant Reign 2?
    By BarfBike in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 09:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •