mtbr member
    Jun 2010

2013 Reign Availability - who has a crystal ball?

Decided to take the plunge on a new bike and opted for a 2013 reign 2. The computer showed it on backorder, but the shop felt like they might be able to call the rep and get a hold of one. Got a call this morning - no luck... the official date is mid January. They told me if I bought one (i.e. put a deposit down) chances were reasonable that Giant might be able to get them one before January.

I called every shop within two hours to see if there was any chance anyone had one in stock... no dice. So I threw some money down in hopes of seeing it before the end of year.

So who out there has a crystal ball and knows the bike industry? I don't... but In my mind, if they are backordered to Jan, that means they need another frame shipment from Taiwan. Therefore, actually having one magically materialize before January is unlikely/impossible.

So, who knows about such things? What are the odds of me riding a new bike before Christmas?

-jm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Update: Props to Auburn Bike Works. A few short hours after telling me that I probably wouldn't have my new bike for quite some time, they tracked my bike down somewhere in the US. They told me I should be riding by the weekend.

Huge thanks to Giant and Neil @ Auburn Bike Works for pulling some strings!

-jm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

No Stranger to danger....
    congrats, your gonna love the bike...great choice, but im abit bias as i have one too.......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....