Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Living Ghetto Fabulous!

The 2013 Giant line-up.

Here's the complete 2013 bike line-up.

First off, no more carbon 26 inch models? Fail.

No Reign frame set? Fail.

No XL Reign X? Fail.

Thankfully I love my Trance enough to not be bummed... Keep droppin' that ball Giant.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

No Stranger to danger....
    horrific cheap n tacky colour schemes for the Reigns, just shocking two tone crap, they would have been better staying the one colour like this year.
    im not sure who does the graphics for giant but they have no idea...

cowbell
    Thanks for posting this. Confirms something I was hoping (2x10 drive lines on most Anthems) and sured up what the specs are for the bike I was looking at.

For what it's worth, there's been a rumor for months that the Anthem would no longer be available in 26" in '13.

wheelie king
    Why would they not do a carbon Trance X? And only 2 Trance X 26 models? Not everyone wants a 29er...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hopefully the Euro specs are going to be much better. I'm looking for a regular Anthem X29 0

I got the following information from a seller in Australia

The Anthem X 29er 0 is $3499 and has Rock Shox SID 29 RL fork and Rock Shox rear shock, and Sram X9/X0 drivetrain.

And you also have pictures in another thread here.

mtbr member
    The Rabobank and cross bikes look good. Everything else? Not so much.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Change the name from Reign to Lame. That's some good work there Giant!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Way to go halfway again Giant! I forsee another year of my shop loosing sales to the big T and S brands. 32mm forks on reigns? 32mm forks on trance X 29's? 34mm forks on reign X's? Non kashima coated forks on $5000.00 bikes? No redesign on Anthem X 29 aluminum frames (No standover clearence for yet another year)? No faith? Stupid lack of any color again. It's good to know that Giant does not listen to any of it's dealers on what they want but instead listens to 80 year old bean counters in Taiwan on how to progress a brand.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy87 View Post
    way to go halfway again giant! I forsee another year of my shop loosing sales to the big t and s brands. 32mm forks on reigns? 32mm forks on trance x 29's? 34mm forks on reign x's? Non kashima coated forks on $5000.00 bikes? No redesign on anthem x 29 aluminum frames (no standover clearence for yet another year)? No faith? Stupid lack of any color again. It's good to know that giant does not listen to any of it's dealers on what they want but instead listens to 80 year old bean counters in taiwan on how to progress a brand.
    qft.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's L'axeman View Post
    horrific cheap n tacky colour schemes for the Reigns, just shocking two tone crap, they would have been better staying the one colour like this year.
    im not sure who does the graphics for giant but they have no idea...
    totally agree what are they thinking they look like Wally World bikes
    please get with the program a plain solid color would have been way better than this crap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cale399 View Post
    totally agree what are they thinking they look like Wally World bikes
    please get with the program a plain solid color would have been way better than this crap!!!
    Im with you 110%, they really do look cheap n nasty, im so happy ive got a 2012 reign 2, my brother wanted it n i was thinking about selling it to him n upgrading for the new seat post n new tabs but thats not going to happen now, i know its not all about how they look, but im not buying that, without a doubt, giant has the worst cheapest graphic designs in history, the last few years the reigns have looked ok bar last years red reign 1, that was a shocker, but they have hit an all time low with this years models, wally world or k mart is the right word......

The only decent looking bike out of the whole MTB range is the trance x, ive just had another look and i am at a total loss for words as to explain how toy n cheap they look , at least they ride well n i suppose thats what counts, if they didnt ride well you wouldnt be able to sell em for scrap, they would refuse to take it because it looked so ugly n cheap..

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I like the XTC 2 and the Trance X 29er look nice. That Tance X 29 0 is a sweet looking bike.

mtbr member
    No faith!? That freaks me out...

I'm also with everyone on the colors. I liked a few of the paint jobs from last year when others didn't, but all of these, except the Glory, look awful. No wonder my LBS has all but stopped ordering new Giant mtn bikes.

Just way more insentive to take care of the bike I have.

Again... No Faith? Lame.

mtbr member
    I don't get the fashion aspect of looking at bikes. I could give 2 s**ts, what the color scheme and graphics look like. It will be covered in dirt soon enough. I must be weird like that.

Why is there a Trance X1 and 3, but no 2?

Can't wait to try out the Tx 29er 0... I wonder what it will weigh in at???

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Negative Nelly's! The Reign line up all look a lot better than that blue/orange and red paint they had last year
    Last edited by MercerClub; 08-10-2012 at 08:14 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I really like the trance X1. I am really looking forward to getting that bike.

Quote Originally Posted by d365 View Post
    I don't get the fashion aspect of looking at bikes. I could give 2 s**ts, what the color scheme and graphics look like. It will be covered in dirt soon enough. I must be weird like that.

Why is there a Trance X1 and 3, but no 2?

Can't wait to try out the Tx 29er 0... I wonder what it will weigh in at???
    I happen to like a slick looking ride, i totally understand some dont care, but i like a ride that when i look at it it screams out to me to get on it n carve it up, i agree the way it rides is way more important, but us humans are visual creatures, i am anyway, i like black, black n black n on a bike i dont like the two tone cheap glossy look, those bikes look crap, n im a massive giant fan, infact just about every bike ive owned has been a giant..

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I'm liking the Trance 29er 1. Looks good and has a good spec for the price. How are giant's dropper posts?

Go Speed Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by fontarin View Post
    I'm liking the Trance 29er 1. Looks good and has a good spec for the price. How are giant's dropper posts?
    Agreed. Has the potential to be my next purchase...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    i dont see anything that would make me want a new giant bike.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by d365 View Post
    Nope. You're not alone. F**k the fashionistas.

Tactical Nightmare
    I love a good looking bike and all, but it really doesn't make it perform any better. But hey, everyone has their "hot button" and if paint scheme is yours, then I respect that. That said, I don't mind the scheme all that much on the '13s. Maybe it's my age or something......38.

I love the Trance X 29er though. That is a hot bike! But, I am 4 months into my Anthem X 29er and loving it, so I'm not in the market for a couple of years at least.
    - "The true object of all human life is play" - GK Chesterton
    - 2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    - Team Dirt - Build It. Ride It.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Went into the LBS and got me a Giant Trance x3 2012, saw some new Talon 29ers, they looked pretty slick. Seemed to have a different paint scheme than the one in the link, regional differences I guess.

cowbell
    Don't make the mistake of thinking the 2013's are available yet, they aren't. If you saw something in a shop, it was probably a 2012 unless you're somewhere besides the US.

As far as colors go, I was looking at an Anthem X 29er 2 (didn't think much of the 2012 color) but the 2012 model is out of stock in XL - my LBS can't get it. So I'm waiting on the 2013, and frankly, it looks better to me than the 2012, paint wise. And it's a 2x10 instead of a 3x. I think it's an overall win, I just wish I could actually get my hands on it.

As for the fact that no one posting here seems to like anything they see for the most part, vote with your wallets and go buy someone else's bikes. They might look better but only one other company has a rear suspension setup that can come close to keeping up with Giants.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast