mtbr member
    Jun 2012

2012 XTC BB size?

I looked around but i couldn't find an answer to what should be a easy question ( i think )
    With the new press-fit bearings can someone swap between BB30 and GXP with only swapping out the bearings? When i look on "jensonusa" for a press-fit GXP it looks like it has the bearings inside a plastic "shell". Is this shell what goes between the frame and the bearing?
    My 2012 XTC 2 came with some shimano cranks and I'd like to upgrade to a X9 crankset. I'm thinking all i will need is the crankset and one of the GXP press-fit bearings right?
    "Are you a girl? Keep that huge ass and deal with it. Are you a guy? Ride your bike more. You disgust me."

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I need to know this to, did you find anything out yet?

mtbr member
    I would just get the gxp BB that matches the X9 crankset and replace the whole BB. I doubt all (if any) of the dimensions will match if you try to mix the 2 sets.

mtbr member

BB Size

You can run a GXP PF as the inner diameter is 30mm for the spindle and the shimano is version of the press fit is 24mm for the spindle. The outer diameter for both is the same and can be pushed into the frame. Good Luck!

Damon