mtbr member
    Nov 2011

2012 trance x cracked frame!

Ive not got any pics to show you but my frame developed a hairline crack on the weld, where the top tube meets the seat tube, took back to shop and now awaiting a replacement.

check yours too as this may not be a one off.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    oh boy. maybe you can get some new colors!!! but man I hope mine don't get like that, I am a heavy rider and kind of not easy on the bike. but pics if can

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    hope not, i bought a white one cos i wanted a white one and now have forks and wheels to match! really hoping i get a like for like frame swap but with an rp23 instead of the giant air-r. luckily i have a hardtail to play with while its gone.

mtbr member
    Giant will send a new frame sans suspension so don't count on getting that replaced.

KC Weekend Warrior
    I want to see pics - isn't that the same spot the Anthems were breaking a couple years ago?
    '12 Giant Trance X1, Mavic Crossride Wheels, StansTubeless, SPD Pedals

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    took the frame back to the shop without taking a photo im afraid. upgraded shock is wishful thinking but theres always hope.

going to phone the shop tomorrow to find out whats happening as its been gone 2 weeks now and not heard anything as yet.

mtbr member
    i was thinking the same thing when my anthem x frame cracked but I didn't even get a new rear triangle...

mtbr member
    Just curious, how hard did you ride it? Any big off's?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Good news, picked the new frame up today which also came with a new giant air shock, ok so its no rp23 but the old one was over due a service anyway, very happy with the service from giant, it took 2 weeks exactly from me dropping the frame off ,to getting a call to say its ready to be picked up.

dirkdaddy-- Ive done jumps,drops,downhill and plenty of trail riding on it in the 9 months of owning it but nothing too big and no major offs apart from when i first got it and i landed heavy enough on the saddle to bend the rails..... this could of been the cause but doubt it as no cracks appeared until recently.

Members who have read this thread: 0