mtbr member

2012 AnthemX fork swap? more travel wanted

Currently ride AX2 2012 size medium with RebaRL 100mm travel. I bottom out my fork routinely and would like more travel.

Anyone swapped out forks and put a 120mm Fox up front? I'd like something less firm than the Reba for technical stuff.
    2015 Giant Anthem 29er
    2012 Trek Superfly Carbon HT

Your Best Friend
    Sure, you can throw a 120mm fork on there. I can't remember off the top of my head if the AX2 is OD2 or not. If it is you'll need a new upper for your headset to reduce it to 1 1/8. Also if a 2012 Reba is too firm in its travel...that's your fault. Learn to use the dual air feature to your advantage.
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Have a look and see if you can change the travel on your Reba, before spending your cash.

I had an 07 Reba and took out the travel spacer, giving me 115mm travel. Most modern Rebas can have the travel extended to 120mm, in the same way. I got this done at first fork service, no problems for a bike shop/more competent mechanic than me.

Also have a look on here for the REBA adjustment forum posts.

mtbr member
    I'll look into changes for my Reba. I know it can do 80 or 100mm but never say any documentation about extending to 120mm.
    2015 Giant Anthem 29er
    2012 Trek Superfly Carbon HT

Members who have read this thread: 0