mtbr member

2012 AnthemX fork swap? more travel wanted

Currently ride AX2 2012 size medium with RebaRL 100mm travel. I bottom out my fork routinely and would like more travel.

Anyone swapped out forks and put a 120mm Fox up front? I'd like something less firm than the Reba for technical stuff.
    2012 Trek Superfly Carbon HT

Your Best Friend
    Sure, you can throw a 120mm fork on there. I can't remember off the top of my head if the AX2 is OD2 or not. If it is you'll need a new upper for your headset to reduce it to 1 1/8. Also if a 2012 Reba is too firm in its travel...that's your fault. Learn to use the dual air feature to your advantage.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Have a look and see if you can change the travel on your Reba, before spending your cash.

I had an 07 Reba and took out the travel spacer, giving me 115mm travel. Most modern Rebas can have the travel extended to 120mm, in the same way. I got this done at first fork service, no problems for a bike shop/more competent mechanic than me.

Also have a look on here for the REBA adjustment forum posts.

mtbr member
    I'll look into changes for my Reba. I know it can do 80 or 100mm but never say any documentation about extending to 120mm.
    2012 Trek Superfly Carbon HT