mtbr member
    Apr 2012

2011 trance x4 vs trance x4 2012

Xoxoxoxxooxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox
    Last edited by mbnoob; 06-28-2012 at 11:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Not a heckuva lot, really.
    Trance X4 (2012) - Bikes | Giant Bicycles | United States
    Trance X4 (2011) - Bikes | Giant Bicycles | United States

I do like the new color scheme. Minor differences in components, shimano vs. avid brakes.

But 1400.00 for the 2011 or 2012? I bought my 11 X4 last year (as in not a leftover) for 1350.00 otd, and I've heard of better deals. If they want 1400.00 for last years bike...no way. Unless you really want it.
    Current roster:
    2013 Trance X1 29er
    2013 Mukluk 3
    Banshee Paradox V1
    2011 Defy 1

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Xoxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo oxoxoxoxox
    Last edited by mbnoob; 06-28-2012 at 11:41 PM.

mtbr member
    So it wasn't on the floor at the time? Ok. It's not a terrible price really but I'd have thought a leftover would go for less. I have not shopped around so my opinion may not be worth spit.
    Far as it being "factory fresh" just give a good look over, mtb bikes wear pretty fast. It is a year old, so maybe ask if it was on the floor or crated. Probably be a little dusty in the nooks and crannys if on the floor. I "think" the frame has a lifetime warranty to the original buy so age shouldn't hurt you there. Ask.

You could just call the shop, tell them you're having second thoughts and see what they say. I'm in retail myself and would rather have someone honestly try to work out a deal with me rather than just bailing out. I will always at least try. Also, if the shop is cool, stocks gear and is friendly/competent it might be worth having a good relationship with them. You WILL be upgrading parts, trust me!
    Good luck.
    Remember, this is for fun so don't get all knotted up about it.
    Current roster:
    2013 Trance X1 29er
    2013 Mukluk 3
    Banshee Paradox V1
    2011 Defy 1

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxooxoxoxoxxoxox
    Last edited by mbnoob; 06-28-2012 at 11:42 PM.

mtbr member
    A quick google found this:
    Giant Trance X4 - Wheel World Bike Shops - Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Bicycle Parts and Accessories. Parts & Bike Closeouts!

In store only, but it's a valid advertised price, and apparently there are still 2011's around. See if they'll price match.
    If you are uncomfortable with the deal then by all means let the dealer know. Hard to say the dealers motivation on this but at least communicate with them.
    Luck.
    Current roster:
    2013 Trance X1 29er
    2013 Mukluk 3
    Banshee Paradox V1
    2011 Defy 1

mtbr member
    Heck, even better what size you looking at?
    Giant Trance X3 - Wheel World Bike Shops - Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Bicycle Parts and Accessories. Parts & Bike Closeouts!
    That's a great deal, and you wouldnt really need to upgrade anything soon. I should have done the X3 myself....
    Current roster:
    2013 Trance X1 29er
    2013 Mukluk 3
    Banshee Paradox V1
    2011 Defy 1

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Xoxoxoxoxooxooxoxoxooxooxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxo oxox
    Last edited by mbnoob; 06-28-2012 at 11:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Medium sounds just right, I'm 5'10 and my medium is a bit cramped. When the trails are tight and technical it works, but gravel paths or fire roads it's not ideal. Anyway.

Same shop, wheel world has the 2012 for 1449.
    Long story short, if that's the bike you want, go for it but the 2011 isn't exactly a killer deal. I don't think they are trying to hose you as there are 2011's still around. Did you contact the shop yet?

Remember I'm just some fool from the Internet!
    Current roster:
    2013 Trance X1 29er
    2013 Mukluk 3
    Banshee Paradox V1
    2011 Defy 1

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoooxox oxooxoxoxox
    Last edited by mbnoob; 06-28-2012 at 11:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbnoob View Post
    Yes, but they're not answering. Wheel world has a great deal for 2012 but I don't know how to put them all together .im new to this mountain biking .actualy this is my first mountain bike. I'm not worried about paying 1400 for 2011.im worried about this guy might give me a slightly used one and claim it as a brand new.
    If you're worried about if it's new or not, I'd say get the 2012, then you'll never have that question mark in the back of your head. Show them the wheel world ad and see if they'll come close. Then have them throw the stock rear dérailleur in the trash, put on a $60 SLX, and go have fun. Better, pay list and have them include the SLX in the price. There ya go!

What in the world do you need a five inch bike for in Miami anyway?
    Have fun!
    Current roster:
    2013 Trance X1 29er
    2013 Mukluk 3
    Banshee Paradox V1
    2011 Defy 1

mtbr member
    some shops a DC's carry 2011 bikes still, so i wouldn't stress about it not being new. besides if it's used and you want a new one, don't pay for it.

the factory is in Taiwan so if it's getting the slow-boat to the shop expect to see it in about a month. i doubt they would pay for airfreight because of the cost. so it may be coming from a local DC on one of the coasts. takes about 4-5 days if that's the case.