mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2010 Trance x1 Bearings worn out already?

My lightly ridden Trance X1 seems to have developed some play in the suspension bushes. If you hold the back wheel and lift up on the seat there is 1-2 mm of movement. All the bolts are tight but it seems most noticeable on the upper rear shock mount. Any body ecperienced the same problem?? I checked a friends Santa Cruz blur ( he has just had all ne bearings fitted) and it was 3x as loose as mine. Am I worrying about nothing??

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    i noticed this problem on my 2010 anthem x and found that it was the forward bolt on the lower linkage. It had come loose after a long day of rough downhills. After I pulled the crank and tightened it up, the play went away.

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    If you have a lot of miles on the bike I'd check the upper bushing on the shock itself.
    They seem to wear out 1st. on all the bikes I've owned.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I've got the same problem on a well used Trance X3 just bought a bearing kit from fleabay and will try that.

May contain nuts
    Aside from loose bolts, it's most likely to be the upper DU bush in the shock eye. If you let it get really sloppy, the aluminium reducers also wear out and you'll need them as well as the new bush. Have a look at the needle bearing upgrade from Enduro Bearings for a longer lasting solution.

mtbr member
    I've installed this RWC bearing.

After one ride there is a noticeable play. Just like my three-season old DU bushing. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

New DU bushing has solved the problem.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    i noticed the same thing after i installed the rwc needle bearing and i hadnt even rode it yet.... if it becomes an issue, ill try greasing the du bushings and puttin them back in... i really like the advantages of the bearing so ill ditch it only if the problem gets bad...