Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    to the best of my knowledge yes they still break, its a 50/50 chance I think some do break some dont

The OFFICIAL "I broke my Lower Link on my 2010 Reign X" thread.

May contain nuts
    According to Giant NZ: "they have only replaced two links (in NZ) and both were the first design". My 2011 is gong strong.

Slower But Faster
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    According to Giant NZ: "they have only replaced two links (in NZ) and both were the first design". My 2011 is gong strong.
    That would be mine and another guy I occasionally ride with here in Auckland then...

Guess they're not counting the second time mine broke as Giant Canada kindly warrantied it.

May contain nuts
    Have you broken any version 2 links Brent?

Slower But Faster
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Have you broken any version 2 links Brent?
    I've got the version two link on the bike now thanks to Giant Canada. I don't know the version of the replacement link supplied by Giant NZ but that broke while I was in Whistler in July.

When it happened I went in to the Giant dealer in Whistler and asked if they could get me a link. They went out the back of the shop and came back with a box full of them so obviously not the first time they had seen the issue; not surprising really as the bike park shows up weaknesses in anything very quickly.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I waited almost 3 months before giant Australia could get me a new version link, when they did the bike shop who fitted it damaged my brand new lg1, & broke my derailleur hanger, thanks guyz, they wouldn't let me fit it coz it was a warranty call, I contacted every Giant dealer listed on the web, & I mean every, I sent out more than 100 emails in 1 night until someone from Giant Australia contacted me, even after that it took months to get, great bike but they are still know for link issues, it's still that much a problem they aren't releasing them in Australia for the current x reigns so that proof they can't fix the problem, I use to be giant through & through but after this experience I've sold of some of my 6 bikes & bought Ns bikes, the soda has even better geo & are bulletproof, save yourself the hassle & buy Ns Bikes, you won't regret it

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hi Guys
    Has anyone tried a Cane Creek DB Air on their Reign X, I have a 2011 RX currently running the Fox DHX air and I was thinking of trying the CCDBA for something different. My main concern is that i will lose the propedal feature which is nice on the Fox shock, but i think i will get a better feeling shock the rest of the time. Can anyone offer advice on this? Also, Is the RX suspension rate (is it regressive or progressive?) suited the DB Air?
    Cheers
    T.

Slower But Faster
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwun View Post
    Hi Guys
    Has anyone tried a Cane Creek DB Air on their Reign X, I have a 2011 RX currently running the Fox DHX air and I was thinking of trying the CCDBA for something different. My main concern is that i will lose the propedal feature which is nice on the Fox shock, but i think i will get a better feeling shock the rest of the time. Can anyone offer advice on this? Also, Is the RX suspension rate (is it regressive or progressive?) suited the DB Air?
    Cheers
    T.
    The Maestro system is falling rate which when matched with the (typically) rising rate of most air shocks gives a reasonably linear effective spring rate.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33