Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Anthem X's

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

2010 Anthem X's

Well, I havnt' been to my LBS yet to look into buying an '09 Anthem X1 or X2 ... I guess they're sold out?
    If that's the case, I guess my purchase will have to wait until late summer when the 2010's arrive.
    Anyone know what we can expect from the new models (aside form the carbon version)?
    Any changes in specs, etc.?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hi
    I’m also thinking of buying a Anthem X and would be interested to know if there will be any changes. Don’t know whether to wait for the 2010 model or buy a 2009 if I can find one.
    I take it Jaxson your in America?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Yes, I am.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Theirs very low stock over here in the UK too. They must be selling off the old stock in preparation for next years models. I just ordered a medium X0 this afternoon. It should be here by the weekend. Iíve been looking at bikes for a month now and decided to just bite the bullet and order.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FSake
    Theirs very low stock over here in the UK too. They must be selling off the old stock in preparation for next years models. I just ordered a medium X0 this afternoon. It should be here by the weekend. Iíve been looking at bikes for a month now and decided to just bite the bullet and order.
    Congrats! That's a nicely spec'd bike Let us know how you like it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Like FSake I'd been looking at bikes for a couple of months. Really wanted to get an Anthem X frame and build it up myself but the frames sold out weeks ago. The importers only had a few bikes left in my size (medium) so I thought I'd better get one before they were gone.
    I've now been riding my X1 for a couple of weeks and I'm well impressed, it's just incredibly capable. It has a bit of an Audi personality - not flash, but really well engineered and surprisingly quick. The X1 is also an incredible bargain, spec-wise, particularly given the recent massive Shimano price hikes here in the UK.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Iím still waiting on mine to arrive. Should have it in the next couple of days. The X1 was very tempting but I thought id splash out on the X0. Means I wonít want to upgrade as much stuff later on. Prefer the colour of the X0 as well. Only thing Iím not looking forward to is the Mavic Crossmax SL rear hub. Is it true there only 21 points of engagements? Iím coming from a Chris King and 21 points of engagement just seems stingy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Well, I would have preferred the frameset (colour is the same as the X0) but I'm getting used to the orange :-).
    I didn't go for the X0 because I'm not sure about the Race Face cranks, the reviews weren't very positive about them, and I didn't want Crossmax SLs - I intend to go for some ZTR Olympic on XTR hubs soonish, and swap all the Evolve stuff for EC90. 'fraid I don't know about the freehubs.
    Hope yours turns up soon!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yeah, sad to say the back wheel will probably have to be upgraded eventually if indeed it only has 21 points of engagement. Iíve just been spoilt with the Chris King. Those Industry Nine hubs look good. Havenít saw any reviews but 120 points of engagement does sound tempting. Iíve had some Race Face cranks over the years and havenít had any problems. Where did you see the bad reviews?

Have to say the Giant website and Catalogue doesnít do any of the Giant bikes justice. They look so much better on other sites and in the flesh. Wasnít too fussed on the X0 until I saw it on the forum. The Orange X1 looks nice, just not quite as nice as the White and blue X0 .

mtbr member

Anthem X frsameset!

For everyone depressed that the frame set is sold out.... I was able to find some at Derby Bicycles in Denver Colorado....

What Giant did is take the X3, and X4 models and put the RP23 shock on (which is what is spec'd for the X0 frame set.

I ended up getting the black (x4 version, with RP23) for 1,489 shipped to PA...

I will post pics. when the frame comes in (should be some time this week!)

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Did not know they even have an X4 model. Anyways, glad you found one and keep us posted with the build.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nis240sxt
    Did not know they even have an X4 model. Anyways, glad you found one and keep us posted with the build.

My mistake, they do not have a X4, The frame I am getting is the X3 (black and brushed metal)

Will surely, post the build once I get it completed!

Quick list:

SRAM XO Twisters
    FOX 15 QR RLC
    Mavix Crossmax ST
    Thomson Seat post
    Ritchey Bars and Stem
    X9 RD
    XT FD
    Avis Elixir CR brakes
    Gore cables (sealed)

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    No worries, i just built up my X3 also. Here's the specs and was pleasantly surprised by 21.9 lbs. Keep us posted and enjoy it!

Size S Anthem X3:

EC90 flat bar, ESI silicon grips, XO twist shifters/rear der, Deore front der, Truvative Noir Cranks w/GXP BB, Ritchey 100mm WCS stem, Magura Martas, SID Race 100mm, USE Sumo seatpost, WTB Deva SLT, SRAM PC991 chain, Stan's ZTR Olympic Disk wheelset w/ DT swiss 240s (32/32) 3x front/rear, Kenda SB8s DTC 1.95 tubeless with stan's juice and crank bros smarty pedals.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Well i got mine!!!

Think i got the only one in Ireland! it was showing 1 medium in stock on the stores website so i shot down to get,the owner was surprised as he didn't evan know he had it! Here is the quick build with 2009 sid world cup mavic slr's and XT group comes in at 23lbs thats 3lbs lighter than my last anthem with an extra inch of travel!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    That's a badass ride, snoop69!
    Gonna race that machine?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    He ought to!
    Frame looks a bit to small?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Well Snoop Iím going to have the second one in Ireland. Technically Iím in Northern Ireland if you want to be fussy, but its the same Island at the end of the day. Hope it rides as well as it looks.

Was it a medium frame that you bought? What height are you out a matter of interest?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I bought the last frameset in sweden today in size large... Will be swapping over the parts from my old anthem. Full xtr gruppo with Crossmax Slr wheels and ritchey wcs parts. My wheels are a bit noisy so I will buy new Crossmax SL next week. Hope it rides as good as it looks

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Iíve bought a Medium X0 and Iím 6ft 1ish. I put my details through the Size checker website and the medium was the closet size that would suit me. Large was too big and medium was just too small. I would rather have a frame thatís just too small and change stem lengths etc. Has anyone else found themselves in between Giant frame sizes?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Iíve bought a Medium X0 and Iím 6ft 1ish.
    Wow, I'm 5ft 7 and the Medium feels just right for me - I have flipped the stem over to lower the bars a bit, but most people seem to do that. You'll need a very long seatpost!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Well I rode my mates Trance in Medium and itís not much different geometry wise and it fitted alright. The seat post was highish, but not overly high. I have quite a short inseam for being so tall.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Kings are pigs compared to the Crossmax hub, this is a XC rocket not a AM rig. Give the Crossmax a try, the ease with which these wheels spin up along with their laser like tracking due to their stiffness will make you will forget about engagement.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I will give them a go Anthem1. I come from a bike trials background so Iím used to quick engaging hubs. Was hoping to have the bike today but the distributor has mixed the order up so I hope to have it tomorrow. I gave the front end of my current bike to my brother so if I donít get it tomorrow I will be without a bike over the bank holiday weekend. Was hoping to get out on the trials bike and the Anthem. Fingers crossed I do.

mtbr member
    Little set back in my Anthem X build.... as many know Giant is sold out of the frameset..... I found a dealer in Colorado (will hold name for now) that I was able to buy and ship a frame to PA..... My box came Friday...... but to my surprise they shipped a Giant OCR C3 (entire bike) instead!

Turns out Fedex made a mistake when they picked up the orders from the shop and sent my bike to Boston, and I some other guys' bike.

Talked to the shop and they said everything will be squared by this Wed. If I do not get my frame by Friday I will be sure to let everyone know which LBS to avoid!

mtbr member
    Iíve bought a Medium X0 and Iím 6ft 1ish. I put my details through the Size checker website and the medium was the closet size that would suit me. Large was too big and medium was just too small. I would rather have a frame thatís just too small and change stem lengths etc. Has anyone else found themselves in between Giant frame sizes?
    Not to scare you, but I would think this is too small for you. There have been many other threads on this. I am 6 0' with a 34" inseam and had to make the switch from a medium that was too tight with a long stem and seat set very far back to the large, which is clearly the correct size. Not sure how you'll find it, but I would be surprised if it is comfortable to ride. Hope it works out for you.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast