mtbr member

2009 trance x3 - purchased

I just bought a trance x3 on pinkbike and should have it within the next week or so. Are there any things in particular that i need to inspect on this bike while i'm assembling it? ie, anything that might be a potential problem that i should go ahead and replace (bottom bracket, cranks, etc).

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Is it straight stock? If so, I would probably only check a few things. The shock - make sure the rebound damp is still working. It's particularly important with no propedal on this. The bottom bracket - the Race Face BBs of this era go bad kinda fast, mine was about a year. And then the usual drivetrain inspection.

Edit: I should add that this is in addition to checking fork/shock seals, pivots bearings etc., just in case. Have fun, these are nice bikes!

mtbr member
    everything is stock. from the pictures i've seen, the drivetrain is barely worn at all. i've never had a bike shipped, so i don't know what parts they remove when shipping.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    2009 Trance X3 is a great bike. I bought mine as a leftover new in 2010 and beat on it quite a bit. Tough bike, very nice ride in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceX View Post
    2009 Trance X3 is a great bike. I bought mine as a leftover new in 2010 and beat on it quite a bit. Tough bike, very nice ride in my opinion.
    i can't wait for it to get here. I'm borrowing my friend's 29er rockhopper hardtail until then. I rode it last night and thought i was going to die.