mtbr member
    Oct 2012

2009 Giant Reign X2 knock any one solve this problem?

I have a 2009 Giant Reight X2 as the title says. I have been getting a very loud knock that seems to be coming from my shock or somewhere in the linkage. I cant seem to find the problem. It only comes about on fast descents with very short cycles of the top portion of the suspension stroke.

think of riding down a descent with large cobble sized stones. very fast shallow suspension movements seem to make this horrible knocking clanking sound. when i am stationary and cycle the suspension to try to recreate the noise I don't get anything.

I have the pre load adjusted, and the spring may be soft for my weight (185). but I dont think that is the issue.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a way to resolve. Rear shock is a Rocco.

Thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    my son just picked up a 2009 X1 and it took a while for us to locate the source of a similar knocking - the chain guide was hitting the BB shell when the bike was fully extended/lifted up at the top of the stroke. Could be this with yours as well? Otherwise, sounds like a shock issue, good luck with that!