Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

2009 giant anthem advanced redesign?

anybody heard anything? i'd love to see 100mm travel front and rear and a 70 degree head tube. ...oh and more standover height .

mtbr member
    I heard nothing about a redesign of the Anthem Advanced so far. I saw the first picture of the Anthem X yesterday - looks similar to the current Trance (X) designs with a vertical placed damper...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zack
    I heard nothing about a redesign of the Anthem Advanced so far. I saw the first picture of the Anthem X yesterday - looks similar to the current Trance (X) designs with a vertical placed damper...

Anthem X? you've got to give us a little more than that.

mtbr member
    Sorry, i can't give you any further information. I could only see the pictures of the new Anthem X and the new TCR Advanced roadbike.

MTB B'dos

No good

It's a race bike, hence race style geometry and quick handling if you want those angles, Buy a Trance.
    Quote Originally Posted by packfill
    anybody heard anything? i'd love to see 100mm travel front and rear and a 70 degree head tube. ...oh and more standover height .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    It's a race bike, hence race style geometry and quick handling if you want those angles, Buy a Trance.
    if that's the case why do all the new for 2007 or 2008 fs race bikes have 70 degree or slacker head tube angles?

See: Cannondale Scalpel (69.5), Scott Spark (70), GF Pro-Caliper (69.5), Yeti ASR-Carbon (69), trek fuel (70), just to name a few.

Christophe Sausers' custom six13 scalpel that was in MB action back when he rode for cannondale had a 69 degree head tube angle.

i've never understood the idea of making a race bike super quick handling. There aren't any tight race courses in CO.... and most of the NORBA Nationals are ski area courses where you climb up and bomb down. The Anthem seems a little OTB with the 80mm fork and 72 degree head tube angle. Sure, Adam Craig goes fast down hill on it. He could ride a Huffy fast down hill. I'm not adam craig. i need all the help that i can get.

MTB B'dos
    Don't dig too far into racer bikes farless 26" racer bikes so not to up to date on them, I'm more a XC/AM guy who prefers 29ers. Slap a 100mm fork on it then and slack it out a bit I just believe horses for courses is all. And yeah I understand the up and down nature of CO - ain't it great

Quote Originally Posted by packfill
    if that's the case why do all the new for 2007 or 2008 fs race bikes have 70 degree or slacker head tube angles?

See: Cannondale Scalpel (69.5), Scott Spark (70), GF Pro-Caliper (69.5), Yeti ASR-Carbon (69), trek fuel (70), just to name a few.

Christophe Sausers' custom six13 scalpel that was in MB action back when he rode for cannondale had a 69 degree head tube angle.

i've never understood the idea of making a race bike super quick handling. There aren't any tight race courses in CO.... and most of the NORBA Nationals are ski area courses where you climb up and bomb down. The Anthem seems a little OTB with the 80mm fork and 72 degree head tube angle. Sure, Adam Craig goes fast down hill on it. He could ride a Huffy fast down hill. I'm not adam craig. i need all the help that i can get.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Anthem X

Anyone want to venture a guess as to what Carl Decker was racing on this past weekend at the Santa Ynez NORBA race? Short track XC and Super D. Hmm....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Possibly a test mule but without the finalised tubing as Iím sure they can make the final version a lot more curvy, both ends look a bit low, maybe it will be the redesigned normal Anthem in the pic.
    [/SIZE]

I want to ride
    The rear looks like a trance with an anthem front end. Interesting. You can almost see the upper linkage in the photo (trance), with a long top tube (anthem). Maybe its a "Tranc'em".

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    rumor in australia is no 4.2 inch trance in 09 but 4 inch anthem x instead

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trance hammer
    rumor in australia is no 4.2 inch trance in 09 but 4 inch anthem x instead
    [SIZE=2]Interesting, my 08 Trance 1 would be a rare item, if you can call a bike made by Giant rare.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    The anthem advanced will remain unchanged, the alu will be 100 mm and called anthem x.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kentkreitler
    The anthem advanced will remain unchanged, the alu will be 100 mm and called anthem x.
    BOOOOO, i don't understand that logic. it seems like if you're not racing and looking to buy a fun trail type bike, you go with the trance-x, or another light weight 5" bike. if you're going to be doing a little racing, 100mm is nice. but if you're going racing.....might as well go light weight and carbon. i guess i don't see who their target market would be for that one, unless they plan on bringing the carbon model out later.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kentkreitler
    Well are they still sticking with the current rear shock design?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I guess they'll do like before. First the alu model for setting angles and measurements then they make a mold out of that blueprint. My second guess is that the new alu will be lighter than the current advanced... But that is just me speculating.

I don't know about the suspension but maybe it's a trance rear with a anthem front, that seems like a good idea to me. But, I wonder why anyone would need 100 mm on their race bike though...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    2009 Anthem X replaces the trance and Anthem.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    makes complete sense really, the trance and trance x share too much commonality re geometry and target market group i think plus the trance x is a brilliant trail bike by all accounts yet light enough for enduro events for amateurs like me.

the anthem x will only really take hold if the angles/weights etc make it as raceable as the current anthem which may be difficult if it loks too much like the trance x frame. anthems are very popular race/enduro bikes after all and have that fast xc look about them too..

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    whoever have any news of the design or picture of ANTHEM X,pls do share...............

TranceX Rider
    Spill out the beans, guys! Anyone, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    hey all,im in a situation now.

bike maths!!

let say if i buy a Anthem S,and change the rear shock to rp23 ,to change the bike into an alternate anthem 0 frame,is it more worthwhile doing it like this?as in will it be cheaper?

what's the difference between the ANTHEM O and ANTHEM S huh?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdhop
    let say if i buy a Anthem S,and change the rear shock to rp23 ,to change the bike into an alternate anthem 0 frame,is it more worthwhile doing it like this?as in will it be cheaper?

what's the difference between the ANTHEM O and ANTHEM S huh?
    The Anthem 0 and the Anthem S from which market (IE Country)? They vary from country to country. An American 2008 Anthem 0 and an Australian Anthem 0 have several different parts on them. Australians don't have an Anthem S option.

Look at Giant's website, the complete specs from all the bikes are there for you to compare.

• If you want an Anthem 0, buy an Anthem 0.
    • If you like everything on the Anthem S apart from the shock, buy an Anthem S and an RP23. (Or RP2..)
    • An Anthem S with an RP23 is not an Anthem 0. (Almost everything else is different - wheels, forks, brakes, drivetrain, cockpit...)

You will not be able to build up a cheaper Anthem 0 from an Anthem S by buying all the parts separately. No-one can get the parts cheaper than Giant does!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrrr
    The Anthem 0 and the Anthem S from which market (IE Country)? They vary from country to country. An American 2008 Anthem 0 and an Australian Anthem 0 have several different parts on them. Australians don't have an Anthem S option.

Look at Giant's website, the complete specs from all the bikes are there for you to compare.

• If you want an Anthem 0, buy an Anthem 0.
    • If you like everything on the Anthem S apart from the shock, buy an Anthem S and an RP23. (Or RP2..)
    • An Anthem S with an RP23 is not an Anthem 0. (Almost everything else is different - wheels, forks, brakes, drivetrain, cockpit...)

You will not be able to build up a cheaper Anthem 0 from an Anthem S by buying all the parts separately. No-one can get the parts cheaper than Giant does!
    im refering just for the frame,not the entire rig

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Well, Im sure Giant will still stick to 73/72 (I forgot) head tube angle for the Anthem cause whenever people review the bike, people comment on its geometry
    (the comment usually goes by, if you are looking for a fast XC bike, the Anthem geometry is for you and if you want a more relaxed riding position, get the Trance instead)
    it is the geometry which makes it a clear difference between Anthem and Trance, cause some people have trouble picking the Anthem or Trance so by making the Anthem geometry more race like, its easier for a rider to pick his bike.

Besides this, maybe the Anthem X (if it exists) is going to have a 1 or 2 degree slacker head tube angle, you can see the pattern in the geometry change between the normal maestro bikes and the X model. Honestly I don't see the point of Anthem X with longer travel cause Anthem is a race bike and most race course don't require 4" of suspension. Well maybe there is a small crowd that needs a 4" race bikes .
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    Well, Im sure Giant will still stick to 73/72 (I forgot) head tube angle for the Anthem cause whenever people review the bike, people comment on its geometry
    (the comment usually goes by, if you are looking for a fast XC bike, the Anthem geometry is for you and if you want a more relaxed riding position, get the Trance instead)
    it is the geometry which makes it a clear difference between Anthem and Trance, cause some people have trouble picking the Anthem or Trance so by making the Anthem geometry more race like, its easier for a rider to pick his bike.

Besides this, maybe the Anthem X (if it exists) is going to have a 1 or 2 degree slacker head tube angle, you can see the pattern in the geometry change between the normal maestro bikes and the X model. Honestly I don't see the point of Anthem X with longer travel cause Anthem is a race bike and most race course don't require 4" of suspension. Well maybe there is a small crowd that needs a 4" race bikes .
    hmmmmm..........a nice personal thoughts....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast