mtbr member

2008 Giant Trance 2 assembly

I will be receiving a Giant Trance 2 via UPS (new) that I paid 800$ for still new in the box with a warranty etc. I am told the bike will require light assembly and was wondering if there is anything available on maintaining and "light" assembly instructions for this bike. I am sure there is something but my google attempts have been a failure.

Anyone here know where i cant maintenance instructions or a guide for this bike? My thought is to assemble it myself (slowly) and learn how to maintain a bike to become a better MTBer.

Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    www.parktools.com has good instructions. theres a ton of youtube.com too.. www.sheldonbrown.com

.. pretty much just google what you're looking for and you'll get a million hits. bikes are pretty easy to fix.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    where did you bought it from?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I don't think they can legally sell a Giant bike, new, in the box. I also believe that Giant has rules against shipping bikes via the internet, so I'm also curious as to where you bought it from...

Zero Miles from Myself
    I am guessing the OP bought it off of Ebay. There are 2 or 3 sellers that I found that were selling 2008 Giant Trances, etc. I looked at past sales of one seller - timberbag - and this seller had at least 4 or 5 T2s and several other models. Mostly if not all smalls. 3 of the T2s for this seller sold for $850, $819 and $800 repectively.

This seller currently has no items for sale, but has some models to relist because his completed auctions did not sell them. This seller relists ever few days from what I saw of his pattern.
    Last edited by mrm1; 04-17-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Life is a 700c circle...
    OP...

That sounds fishy IMO, nothing against you for getting a good deal but I would suspect those bikes to be stolen under the circumstances. Of course it could be surplus inventory from a shop gone belly up, or about to. Back in my LBS days we sold Schwinn and GT (pre-pacific cycles days) and other brands and they would terminate your dealer contract if you sold a bike in a box unassembled and/ or the warranty would not be honored. We had a couple instances where employees stole non-assembled bikes out of a storage container that we used and presumable sold them. I'm not saying yours is stolen, but it is a possibility.

Zero Miles from Myself
    Sorry, Like to ebay seller above may not work unless you have an ebay account and can sign in.

But I see that timberbag (seller) has relisted a few of the Giant bikes for sale.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/timber...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ