mtbr member
    Mar 2008

2008 Anthem 0 VS 2009 Anthem X0

I bought a new 2008 Anthem 0 in the middle of last summer after my Santa Cruz Superlight frame cracked. I REALLY like how quickly the Anthem 0 handles, but kind of wish it had a little more travel. Has anyone ridden the Anthem vs the Anthem X that can comment on the handling of the 2009? I know that they slackened the head angle on the 2009 slightly. Is the difference of travel noticeable?

Next question, if I sell my bike, what should I expect to get for it?? Its a large Anthem 0, all stock, perfect shape. I paid abt $3750.

Thanks in advance!!

mtbr member
    yeah, i want to know this too?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I have a 2008 Anthem Advanced and a 2009 Anthem X0. I love them both. So far I have found they both feel very similar. I haven't had a chance to race my new X0 but did give it a good workout in Moab a few weeks ago. It accelerates and climbs about the same as the Advanced but the descending does feel a little more comfortable. I put the X0 to the test on some pretty rough terrain in Moab and the little bit of extra travel was nice but not really noticeable for most riding. The Maestro suspension keeps both of them very responsive through rough sections. The carbon frame on my advanced gives the rear triangle a little stiffer feel than the aluminum X0 and is noticeable in rough off camber sections.

As much as I have enjoyed riding the Advanced I am more than satisfied with the X0. Now I have to decide on whether to upgrade to the Advanced X0 next year.

Good luck with your decision.