mtbr member
    May 2007

2007 vs 2008 trance 1

I am finally ready to pick a trance and wanted the trance 1 due to combination of price and parts. Now I am having trouble finding one locally but there is an 07 Trance 1 that they want to sell me for about $1599. I usually hate buying things when there is already somethign newer and better out, but is that the case? Much difference between the two? I see the connection of the Maestro on the 07 completely penetrates the frame, but other than that I don't see too much.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coop27
    I am finally ready to pick a trance and wanted the trance 1 due to combination of price and parts. Now I am having trouble finding one locally but there is an 07 Trance 1 that they want to sell me for about $1599. I usually hate buying things when there is already somethign newer and better out, but is that the case? Much difference between the two? I see the connection of the Maestro on the 07 completely penetrates the frame, but other than that I don't see too much.
    Thanks
    [SIZE=2]Stronger, stiffer, nicer looking, lighter hydro formed tubes, a lot lighter actually which was a problem with the old one, it either needed more travel or a lighter frame, now theyíve sorted one of those problems out it is now a light cross country/trail bike. The lower shock mount is a lot neater and shields the shock a bit more. It has a very long head tube with internal head set. Those are the main differences that I can think of but I think Giant left the rest of it alone, it is a great design so they didnít need to change much to make it much better. The finish will last a bit longer but the main reason I would go for the new one is the fact that Iím a sucker for new stuff and the better/newer kit is a big improvement.
    [/SIZE]