mtbr member
    Feb 2009

2007 Giant Reign 0 Setup

i have just got a 2007 reign 0 with RP23 and Fox 36 Talas RC2 forks and am enquirirng as to what other peoples setup is.

i am about 90kgs and want a shock/fork setup to be pretty solid when climbing when locked out, but also soft enough for when i want to come down!!

Can anyone recommend what fork/shock pressure, rebound, compression etc i should be running?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    isn't that dependent on the riders weight?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    probably more helpful would be a suggestion as to how much sag to set??? i dont know the answer by the way but am pretty sure that is the question!?^% ha ha ha...but seriously.

mtbr member
    Here's the way I set mine up:
    1) Get a shock pump
    2) Go to a trail you know well.
    3) Set it up at whatever number you want. Rider's weight in pounds to psi isn't a bad place to start. 90kg ~ 200 pounds would need 200psi~13.7 bar.
    4) Ride for a little bit.
    5) Adjust the shock
    6) Repeat steps 4-5 until it feels good.

People talk about sag and whatever, but it doesn't really matter because you're hitting rocks with your bike, not just sitting on it. Some people hit stuff harder than others. I run mine as soft as I can without bottoming out, which is a little more than my body weight because I hit stuff hard.
    Former bike mechanic; current idiot.