maplesurple
    Dec 2008

2006 Reign 2 wheel and fork help

I am looking at swapping out my WTB laderdisc trail wheels and nixon 145mm 20mm through axle fork out for something else that will help reduce rotating weight abit and provide better suspension up front. I was looking into getting Mavic crossmax st 20mm but I also found a good deal on a used Sun-Ringle Charger 20mm wheelset. As far as forks are concerned it seems unless I want to drop a ton of cash into a new fork my options are pretty limited. I really do not want to go down to a 140mm fork and want to stay with a through axle between 150-160mm travel. Anyone have good experience with a 2006 Marzocchi Z1 sl 150mm ETA fork? If I could afford it I would love to get a 2008 Fox talas 36 rc2 but doubt I will find one that I can afford. I am looking at spending 300-450 on a fork and 200-300 on the wheels or I may just upgrade the wheels and go with a 15mm through axle fork next year. I mainly trail ride in the PNW but do the occasional 3-5' drops and weigh about 195lbs geared up. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks-

Slower But Faster
    Mavic freewheels are not the most reliable.

Go with a set of Hope Pro 2s built with DT 5.1EXs for wheels and never look back.

maplesurple
    Dec 2008

Mavic freewheels are not the most reliable

Thanks for the suggestion - I've checked them out and they seem like a very durable and adaptable wheel if I ever go 15mmqr axle.