Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    Johny Sokko!
    Reputation: Stoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    300

    2006 Meastro Line-up (+Pistol)

    I found this... My Meastro fever has been getting worse...
    Last edited by Stoner; 02-23-2007 at 06:49 AM.

  2. #2
    Johny Sokko!
    Reputation: Stoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    300
    Meastro...
    Last edited by Stoner; 02-23-2007 at 06:49 AM.

  3. #3
    Johny Sokko!
    Reputation: Stoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    300

    Dope Ass Picture of Adam!

    Dope ass picture of Adam!
    Last edited by Stoner; 02-23-2007 at 06:49 AM.

  4. #4
    2010 Glory custom FR
    Reputation: frango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,098
    well, it's not only about you

    it looks like US retail catalogue...
    pozdro
    frango

  5. #5
    spinner
    Reputation: Pinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    186
    Hmmm , no crossmax wheelset for the R1. 36's look nice on it though.

  6. #6
    bi-winning
    Reputation: rkj__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,121
    i wonder why they traded the swinger spv for the rp3 on the reign

    looks like a nice lineup though...
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: goRz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    i wonder why they traded the swinger spv for the rp3 on the reign
    I was wondering about the same thing...
    Passion beyond reason!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    54
    I like the graphics, but not the colors of the new trances. I expect to see more of these bikes out hopefully!

    Where does the pistol fit into everything? I am way confused, seems like it bridging the gap between the trance and reign for no logical reason?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    133
    man thats awsome this year im either going to get the faith frameset or the faith 2

    where is the glory??

  10. #10
    bi-winning
    Reputation: rkj__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,121
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantDS3
    I like the graphics, but not the colors of the new trances. I expect to see more of these bikes out hopefully!

    Where does the pistol fit into everything? I am way confused, seems like it bridging the gap between the trance and reign for no logical reason?
    The pistol replaces the warp line of bikes. They apeal to the people who are looking to spend a little less money. They go under the title "sport mountain"
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    109
    Is there an AC in there or is the '06 Canada only?

  12. #12
    Johny Sokko!
    Reputation: Stoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    300

    Catalog Info

    Ok... Ok... Yes! It is the 2006 US PERFORMANCE LINE catalog. I went to buy a VT frame for my nephew and low and behold there was a stack of catalogs sitting in a rack.

    Answers:

    1. Rkj has it correct! The Pistol replaces the Warp line.

    2. They did not list the Glory or previous DH Comp

    3. AC is also not listed in the catalog... must be in general catalog?

    4. There are 2 STP's listed also

    Note: I also agree with Rkj, why RP3 over Swinger?
    Last edited by Stoner; 02-23-2007 at 06:49 AM.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    36

    RP3 over Swinger

    "I also agree with Rkj, why RP3 over Swinger?"

    I ride a Reign 1. The Swinger works great, and makes the Reign an efficent ride, but having on the fly adjusability would be nice.

    There are times when when you're cruzing along, and you just want PLUSH. The only way to adjust it on the Swinger is with a pump. On the RP3, just reach down between your legs, and ease the switch over. Resume pedaling. Reverse for speed mode.
    I thinks it's a good thing.

    btw, The new frame probably reduces the frame weight and definetly simplifies the design.

  14. #14
    bi-winning
    Reputation: rkj__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride_Ypsi
    "I also agree with Rkj, why RP3 over Swinger?"

    I ride a Reign 1. The Swinger works great, and makes the Reign an efficent ride, but having on the fly adjusability would be nice.

    There are times when when you're cruzing along, and you just want PLUSH. The only way to adjust it on the Swinger is with a pump. On the RP3, just reach down between your legs, and ease the switch over. Resume pedaling. Reverse for speed mode.
    I thinks it's a good thing.

    btw, The new frame probably reduces the frame weight and definetly simplifies the design.
    You are probably right. the swinger is a good shock, but does lack the on the fly adjustability that seems to be rather popular.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 1-bar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    You are probably right. the swinger is a good shock, but does lack the on the fly adjustability that seems to be rather popular.
    In addition to the adjustable and I personally love the difference between settings, it also lighter than the Swinger. Even you non weight weenies can appreciate a lighter bike on the climbs!

  16. #16
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    WOW !!!! Giant reagined some lost ground on the Warp line with the Pistols !! The P1 is sweet (if you don't look much at the brakes).

    At that price point is a very worthy bike for a beginner... and a PUSH candidate is you get the P1.

    Sweet, sweet, sweet....

    The new Reigns are pretty sick... sick as sick can get.
    Check my Site

  17. #17
    2010 Glory custom FR
    Reputation: frango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,098
    so, will you change your good-ol warp for reign or pistol?
    pozdro
    frango

  18. #18
    bi-winning
    Reputation: rkj__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,121
    I see that these pictures don't show the bolt for the shock gaurd that was displayed on the bikes at interbike...
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

  19. #19
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by frango
    so, will you change your good-ol warp for reign or pistol?
    Are you asking my heart, my reason or my pocket????

    If you ask my heart... a full decked Reign 1
    If you ask my reason... A nice Giant Pistol 1 with brakes upgraded to anything else and a Motion Control assy for the fork ans a Push massage to the shock after the first season.
    If you ask my pocket... the good ol' Warp shows no signs of weakness and some upgrades will blow new life to it (a fork for instance). This bike still kicks arse for my taste.
    Check my Site

  20. #20
    2010 Glory custom FR
    Reputation: frango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,098
    the only guy here which thinks before he runs to the shop every time giant shows a new bike...
    keep it that way
    pozdro
    frango

  21. #21
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by frango
    the only guy here which thinks before he runs to the shop every time giant shows a new bike...
    keep it that way
    Oh, man!! It's about lack of funds, not lack of enthusiasm !!!!!

    Would I have a bag of dimes laying around I'd have a Giant from every year (I don't like much to get rid of old bikes)

    The Warp is a very worthy bike, despite is a hog. Nearly impossible to break in its intended use.

    I would love to have a Reign... even a Pistol would do.
    Last edited by Warp; 10-07-2005 at 03:44 PM.
    Check my Site

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5

    prices

    Does anyone know how much the Reign 1 will be and when it will be available?

  23. #23
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,426
    so, by those specs it looks like the folkes going T2 are getting a nicer component spec thn last year - can you say RP3. has the price changed on the bikes from last year with the upgraded specs? Lat year a T2 was MSRP $1900-2000 (coulda got one for $1750 if I felt like waiting another 2 months for my size.)

    Just wondering WTF GIANT hasn't updated their website yet with the 2006 bikes???
    Last edited by LyNx; 10-08-2005 at 10:29 PM.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: majura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    523
    Hi Lynx,
    Here in Australia, you could view the 2006 catalogue weeks before Giant updated their site. THey must be right- paper is just just the fastest and best way to let consumers know about new bikes. hehe. All the specs were out on dealer's sites long before Giant released anything too. So I'm guessing you might have to wait a little bit for all the prices etc to come through.

  25. #25
    Johny Sokko!
    Reputation: Stoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    300

    2006 Retail Prices

    Prices are up!

    Check this site for US prices!

    http://bicyclesource.us

    Stoner

  26. #26
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner
    Prices are up!

    Check this site for US prices!

    http://bicyclesource.us

    Stoner
    Pistol only 100mm ??? WTF??
    Check my Site

  27. #27
    bi-winning
    Reputation: rkj__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    Pistol only 100mm ??? WTF??
    I saw another site say the pistol was 100mm too, but the above catalouge clearly says 5". I will believe the catalouge, until proven wrong.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

  28. #28
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    I saw another site say the pistol was 100mm too, but the above catalouge clearly says 5". I will believe the catalouge, until proven wrong.
    Actually cat page below states 4".... bummer.

    The Warp remains the champion of budget still. Simple, reliable, long legged...

    Giant.. you guys will have to wait until I get dimes for a Reign or my Warp snaps in two... too bad for Giant that I have a spare main pivot bolt... .... and bearings can be got from Enduro or any hardware store. The last ones I bought I got them for some 10 bucks domestically (Mexico). If my shock goes FUBAR, any 7.5 X 2 will fit....

    Now try to compare that to the new Pistol.... what will you do if Giant stops making the Pistol and you need a replacement shock???

    Anyway... the Pistol is a lot of bike for the price, especially for a beginner and will serve well past the rookie phase... it just lacks the travel I like. The Warp delivers without hesitation.
    Check my Site

  29. #29
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,426
    Thanks for the link Stoner, not that I'm interested in one of those 2006 new-design models (really don't like it) just was curious on pricing etc. 'cause component specs are better than '05. Looks like the T3 remains the same Price and Specs (except for the fork change to the Recon 327 - which is basically a DUKE w/ 32mm stancions). I'd put money the T3 was the biggest seller of the Trances in '05 and that's why they kept it at the same price. Excellent Advanced Beginner to whatever, just upgrade the parts as they wear out.

    I'm so happy with my "old" T3 (with upgrades - XT HT2 cranks, REBA SL fork ) that all I want to do is get an RP3 to replace the FloatR (FloatR goes down to my old DB Coil EX I'm building back up) and my new wheelset and I'll be more than happy.
    Last edited by LyNx; 10-11-2005 at 09:50 PM.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  30. #30
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    all I want to do is get an RP3 to replace the FloatR (FloatR goes down to my old DB Coil EX I'm building back up) and my new wheelset and I'll be more than happy.
    Just PUSH it and ride the DB with whatever is on it... or maybe some other cheaper stuff.
    Check my Site

  31. #31
    Ridin' in XTC!
    Reputation: arrowheadtroutm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    so, by those specs it looks like the folkes going T2 are getting a nicer component spec thn last year - can you say RP3. has the price changed on the bikes from last year with the upgraded specs? Lat year a T2 was MSRP $1900-2000 (coulda got one for $1750 if I felt like waiting another 2 months for my size.)

    Just wondering WTF GIANT hasn't updated their website yet with the 2006 bikes???
    T2 is up $200. SRAM X-9 shifters& RP3 are main reasons.

  32. #32
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    Just PUSH it and ride the DB with whatever is on it... or maybe some other cheaper stuff.
    Thought of that, but after contacting PUSH and finding out exactly what they can do to a FloatR I decided I needed the RP3 - I ride such a variety of trails having 3 different settings (plush -rough trails, medium - smoothish trails, firm - road,/very smooth trails)is critical to me. The DB has on one of those serious POS, non-adjustable (turn the spring to set it, no air/oil adjustment, rebound) spring shocks.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  33. #33
    jzt
    jzt is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jzt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    136

    My giant reign 1

    Here's how my Reign 1 would look like... seatpost all the way down, short stem and a Van 36.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •