mtbr member

2006 Maestro frame questions

I have two questions about the new frames:

1) Does anybody know the weights on the new design (2006 USA) Trance and Reign frames?

2) Does anybody know if it will be possible to fit piggy-back style shocks (e.g. DHXair5.0 or Swinger4) in the new down tube opening?

Thanks, Tim

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    1) Does anybody know the weights on the new design (2006 USA) Trance and Reign frames?
    Mine comes in around 31-34 lbs....not heavy for what this thing can handle.....(reign). It's great!!! but kinda akward going from 4 to 6 inches of travel.

2) Does anybody know if it will be possible to fit piggy-back style shocks (e.g. DHXair5.0 or Swinger4) in the new down tube opening?
    There is def. not any room for a piggy back because the shock goes through the down tube. I wanted a dhx 5.0 on mine, but you just can't do it lol. I'm stuck with the rp3 but it hasn't blown out yet which probably says a lot cause i'm a 220 lbs rider, probably more like 230 with all my gear and i drop it onto pavement and beat it up. I think you'd be pretty stoked with the reign, i am.

Scuffed
    I'm running a Manitou 3-way Swinger. Awesome and no troubles.